• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need help with my spell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Yeah, a little problem with my Thunder Blaze spell.

I'm trying to make it so after a unit is hit with a storm bolt like spell, a dummy caster comes out and casts monsoon at the position of the targeted unit. I based the spell of Storm Bolt, just a note.

Level 11
Heh... It is an ultimate I suppose. But you can do it yourself. Just create a dummy unit at the position of target unit of ability being cast and order it to cast Monsoon at the position of target unit of ability being cast. That should do it! For more precise... Check my Vision & Storm spell and you will get it.

Level 11
If... actually not. There are some bugs in your method. First, if the icon has X=0 and Y=0 they will actually become X=1 and Y=1 since only Item skills do not usually show up in the inventory. Heh, I wish blizzard would do something to make passive skills have a choice (if to be or not to be... hehe, sorry the expression, seen).

Secondly, if you have no hotkey how would you activate it?

And Thirdly, how do you actually intend to make this stuff work? I mean... the monsoon is a channeled spell so you must maintain it. I think he wanted a monsoon which doesn't need to be channeled => channeled by a dummy.

Daelin

Level 2
If you dont want monsoon to be channeled, then change the name at the top. i think it says, spell,channeling just remove the channel and replce it with slam or attack or nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.