• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I need Help With Map Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello! I need help with my map Editor. I can do EVERYTHING im good with triggers, importing, terrain and everything like that but i need a hand with one think i cant do!

a-hem so here i go :spell_breaker:

When i import my image i save it as war3mapPreview.tga I then import it and remove the Warcraft3imported bit so its just war3mapPreview.tga Now thats done. So i test it. It doesent come up at all! Here is a random picture details

Width 128 pixels
Height 128 pixels
Horizontal Resolution 96dpi
Veticle Resolution 96dpi
Bit depth 24
Frame count 1

I read i got everything right but the Bit depth. I use paint to customize my images as i have nothing else and i need to change the bit depth to 32 or something. Can anyone tell me what i change the bit depth to and what i should download to do this and HOW i do it

Also if there's anything else wrong with that please tell me cheers :infl_thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 14
I think TheGIMP can do 32-bit.

Google it, it's free.
Yeah gimp is a awsome program its also great for skining as well. like purple said google it, i personally downloaded it from majorgeek.com tho because they useally have the newest verisons of it. if you download it from major go to there search bar and put in the gimp to find it

Level 2
I did actually Have the GIMP2 on my computer. Turns out i couldn't figure it out! I'll contact you TheReaperBG if i need anything. My brother who lives not far from me can probably do it too. Thanks for your help!

And also keep posting if anyone knows of any other ways to change my bit depth.

Oh yeah and i know something else too. Not only do i use paint (or try) But i have Windows Imaging on my other PC. That used to do it but says nothing of Bit Depths on it. So i'll have a look again. Thanks fer your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.