• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need help with completeing my Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I am making a map called, FFWF (Final Fantasy World Fight). The map is based on FFXI Online characters and abilities. It is kind of like Dota where units from your base attacks your enemy's base also vice versa: but it is also an RPG where you can save and load. You can choose "New Mode" inorder to stop loading and start new characters. The problem is that I need help with several things:

-First, my map takes too long to save and load in WWE and also to load to play. I do not know how to reduce the time taken more further since I've reduced everything in my map as much as possible.(So maybe the one who can help me takes a look at my map and tell me the ways to reduce anything more further).
This problem has been fixed thanks to HeX.16.

-Secondly, I want to make a Multiple Multiboards for each player and that no one else can see them. I did look at "Tutorials" to help me with making Multiple Multiboards but was useless and did not work on my map or maybe I need more specific details about that.

If there is someone who is willing to help - please post here! (I'm going to increase his/her reputation + will be added in the credits of my Map!) Thank you. ^^

Last edited:

ZIR

ZIR

Level 10
-First, my map takes too long to save and load in WWE and also to load to play. I do not know how to reduce the time taken more further since I've reduced everything in my map as much as possible.(So maybe the one who can help me takes a look at my map and tell me the ways to reduce anything more further).
Which filesize does your map have?

Level 5
So in big maps what i do is place no units in the editor i dont need to. So i use a trigger like this. This spawns my units at the points i would like them at for the player i would like them for.
  • Spawning Units/Buildings
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.10 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 XXX for YYY at (Center of (ZZZ)) facing Default building facing degrees
XXX is the unit you want to spawn.
YYY is that units owner.
ZZZ is the region to spawn it in.
Copy and paste the action and make it for different units, players and regions.

Level 7
That is exactly what I have done in my map HeX.16, I only have ~45 units in the WWE and the rest are Triggered. To be honest I do have lots of Doodads though, is this a problem to take too long for the map to load too? I have 2552 Doodads in the WWE in my map.

Level 19
i can check the map and see if its anyway to do this just to see. Also u should ask the_reborn_devil for the multiboard hes damn gui jasser. Hes superskilled i dont know how bussy he is. U have to be patient for him. But hes a realy nice guy. Dont request to much just. But i think he will help u with multiboard. You should ask misha bout the model. See if he can do it. Just check with him i dont konw how bussy he is either but u can still ask.

And also when u talking about loading. I had familar problem before. The_reborn_devil solved it Was some variable that made map load as hell. Tooked nearly ages to finish the load when i open it. I dont remember if it was a variable or some script in the game cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.