• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need help with a custom item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAC

VAC

Level 3
Hi guys. I'm trying to modify the Sacrificial Skull in order to make a new item. Instead of generating blight, I want the land area to cave down (like the effect of a stomp or slam) and to be filled with shallow water (with real water, not just graphic). Is it possible to do this using triggers, or possible at all? Thanks for reading, and any inputs would be great.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
I don't think that what you want is possible. I think there is no function to modify cliff/terrain height, so it is not possible to make swallow water. Terrain deformation does not change the actual height on that point. It's only visual. Hence it will not affect whether something is land or water.

Reactions: VAC

VAC

VAC

Level 3
It is possible to make the deformation permanent though right? I think that's what they did in DDay (the summoning thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.