• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need help thanks <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
So i recently wanted to make an icon or many after a long while..
And i just made one, so i saved it as a jpeg and renamed it as BTNexample.blp and then tried to upload it and it said that is was corrupted?
Oh by the way i have a mac and a windows 8 Pc.. so, i went to the tools section and tried to download the BLP tools for mac and that doesn't work anymore so i went to the PC and I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong but a lot of those don't work for me..

So what I'm asking is can i get a little bit of help to find or figure out how to convert these dang icons already? haha.. i used some tools a long time ago but I'm not sure why there don't really wanna work now..

<3

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Blp saves an alpha channel and jpg is more compressed. You can't just change the suffix, you need to use a tool to change the format.

Have you tried wc3 viewer? If it requests for a .dll file download such from a safe website and paste it into the same folder as the tool.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I don't know about mac sorry :(

For windows 8, unarchive the file somewhere, recommended a folder, and open up the application called "Warcraft 3 Viewer.exe". If it requests for a .dll file, google that file by the name, including .dll in the end. Then download that file from a site you can trust and put the downloaded file to the same folder you have your "Warcraft 3 Viewer.exe" in.

If it still doesn't boot up, go to right click > properties and compatibility tab, check in some random settings you believe to help it. If it doesn't boot up even after that, find another tool, I believe.

So you said this doesn't work? Well that's the only one for mac in hive atm so you're basically f'ed with mac.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Yeah the mac tool doesn't work.. and i downloaded the .dll file and didn't compress it and put it in the folder with the viewer in it and tried clicking war3viewer again and it still doesn't work.. I'm really not sure whats happening but i wanna solve it.. can you find a good site that has the all file to download? the one i downloaded seemed to be legit but I'm not really sure..

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

What is the name of the .dll file it requests?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Attached

Attachments

• cximagecrt.rar
    300.5 KB · Views: 50

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

.rar ? Needs to be .blp

And why you have only those 2? You need to have the whole wc3 viewer package in the same folder.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Here's a pic of working wc3 viewer, if it helps you :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• asdf.png
    asdf.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 158

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

how to use it
To convert your .jpg file into .blp, go to the top-most row of buttons on the Viewer, go to "Convert Files", click on "BMP, TGA, or JPG -> BLP", navigate to your file and open it, select save location and name, select quality of compression (higher is more quality), then if it doesn't have alpha mask ready, it'll ask to create a 100% white (visible) alpha mask onto it. Proceed from that and click "OK".

Status
Not open for further replies.