• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

.blp problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Hello everyone.
I am getting more and more reports (map) from Mac users (i use Windows) that some imported .blp files in maps cause the game to crash.
Apparently, this problem appears only for Mac users and only for some of the imported .blp textures or icons although each one is created using the same way.

I doubt that the imported file(s) are corrupted, especially since it only affcets Mac users.

Does anyone know this problem?
Does anyone has a solution (except buying another pc)?

Level 15
Maybe this sound's stupid but Transfering the icon,image,skin into another format jpg or bmp.
i think some format's are only for mac doens't know about those format's.
i try to answer my cousin he got a mac maybe he got the solution

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
WC3 only axcepts .blp files, so that solution is flawed.
The .blp specification states that it uses standard jpeg compression or can use palleted 256 colour bitmapping with mipmaps included in the file.

I adivse checking if macs can use palleted .blp files and make sure that all the mipmap level data is correctly generated for the images.

Level 4
If you need help, look at some tutorials...

BUT

You are in luck, I can help you
___________> YOU MUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THIS
WHEN IMPORTING

BTN_NAME -----------Normal border
DISBTN_NAME ------------ Normal border <disabled>
PASBTN_NAME ------------- Passive border
DISPASBTN_NAME ------------ Passive border <disabled>
BTN_NAME_autocast ------------ Autocast border
DISBTN_NAME_autocast ----------- Autocast border <disabled>

THAT!

AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING SETTINGS

IMAGE = 64 X 64 (For normal Icon)
48 X 48 (Upgrade attack etc Icon)
24 bit color
PROPERLY FORMAT AS WELL
EDITEDITEDIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AND YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT FORMULA FOR IMPORTING
EG GO TO ANY ICON ON HIVE AND LOOK FOR SOMETHING THAT STARTS WITH RESOURCE>>>> ENJOY
______

THATS IT! OTHERWISE THE EDITOR IS STUPID

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.