• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need Custom campaign help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok, so when I create custom units for my custom campaign, it says that they are not in use, and therefore they are unable to be used in game? Any ideas what's going on here?

Also, how do I create a trigger so that the enemies will attack a certain place, after a certain objective. Help?
Also, I want to create a new race, basing them from the Night Elves, but at the same time keeping the night Elves. My problem is, I can't get my headquarters's building to become my starting location. Is there any way I can fix this?
And finally, the faction that the player will play has access to dragons, from the building, The Dragon Tower (just a red dragon roost), and I want Baby Dragons to evolve up to regular Dragons. now, I created the upgrade, set it to my units (Baby Red Dragon and Red Dragon), and tested it out. but it never worked. Any helped.

P.S.:I will be posting my project in the Map Development forum. Please review my ideas, and even give me a few there :)

Level 12
In the unit palette, you can use the "Starting Location" 'unit' to fix that. Otherwise, if your starting location isn't pre-placed, then I think there is a melee action for that in the trigger editor.

As for the rest, I am not sure why you are getting such errors, since I've not experienced them myself.

Level 22
Also, how do I create a trigger so that the enemies will attack a certain place, after a certain objective. Help?

Just put a ''Unit - Order Targeting a Point'' action in your trigger.
You can pick all units in a region with the Unit Group actions.

Also, I want to create a new race, basing them from the Night Elves, but at the same time keeping the night Elves. My problem is, I can't get my headquarters's building to become my starting location. Is there any way I can fix this?

You set starting locations in WE. They're melee buildings.

You could also create the building with triggers. It's the first ''Unit'' action.

And finally, the faction that the player will play has access to dragons, from the building, The Dragon Tower (just a red dragon roost), and I want Baby Dragons to evolve up to regular Dragons. now, I created the upgrade, set it to my units (Baby Red Dragon and Red Dragon), and tested it out. but it never worked. Any helped.

What upgrade did you base it on?

Status
Not open for further replies.