• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] How Do I Add units to buildings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
title says it all

i finally figured out today how to alter a maps terrain using world editor to be able to play a map i downloaded on my own and decieed to have some fun by adding merc buildings, 2 taverns and some dragon roosts.

but then before i went out today i had an idea about adding some units into the build lists of the different races of the map.

i thought i had a general idea of how to REPLACE units in a building, but it turns out i dont. so i need to know how to ADD mercenary units to a building (like golems for humans or dragons for orcs or frost revenants for the undead) or possibly create custom units based on mercenaries that i can add

so the question becomes. is it even possible?

Level 3
no it's more like i want to put merc units or possibly custom units based on merc units/heroes into the melee races

Level 3
thanks.

now for my other issue. how do i create custom heroes? i know about the create custom unit thing but i'm not sure how to go from that to a hero unit

Level 3
much thanks. i was just using the custom unit creator directly thanks

and yeah i am seriously new. i only just figured out how to alter the terrain on a map i found to allow for so lo play (there was a big mass of water dividing the 2 halves of the map and the ai enemies werent programmed to buy boats to get across to me)

Status
Not open for further replies.