• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

i need computer help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
ok i play this game called PSOBB schtserv now recently while playing i discovered that i was banned form the game, i messed a gm to see y and what had happened, he sent me a message back saying the following

"That username isn't banned. You probably are getting the fake ban message that doesnt allow you to login. It happens due to a conflict with your OS and the loader."

i have looked all over google and cant find anything on it other than "get a new computer" does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Level 8
http://schtserv.com/
vista ultimate on my pc and computer, i kinda fixed the problem but i have a new problem now, i changed my static ip address and it let me in, but when i loged out adn tryed to log back in i was banned agine, i can keep changing the ip and reloging, so i think there may be something on my computer that is telling the server to ban my ip address, does anyoen know how to find somethign like this?

Level 8
ok i have to correct you there,
1 vista home basic isnt worth the plastic it is written on, bu ti have vista ultimate that is a good damn OS
2 i dont think it is a problem with my os, i think i have a ban bot(or what ever there called) on my computer telling the server to ban me when i log out, i think i need to find and delete that but i dont know how

EDIT:eek: i wouldnt talk to dsg like that, bad things can happen

Level 21
There are no damn "ban bots", the loader has a incompability with your OS, which is most time because of linux, vista or mac, regardless of what a version, I had that too when I had vista ultimate, I tried to play a MMORPG called Last Chaos and I couldn't login, and the uploader told me that I'm banned, I changed to XP and it worked.... stay with the problem and solve it.

(Vista in general is shit)

Aha, the "almighty" DSG, I am so afraid... you know, I know him, and I really don't care about this site much anymore, just because of the heavy increase of abusement on this site.

Level 8
ok 1 i can log on on my laptop witch has vista ultimate on it,
2 i play last chaos on my pc so it has nothing to do with the OS,
and 3 there is such a thing as a ban bot, play a game called puzzle pirates and get banned form it, then search your computer for a program called hash.dat, untill you remove that you cant log in or make a new account on that computer

Level 12
@redscores: Don't speak of things you don't know. Vista is much better than XP on a fast PC, only downside is 2GB ram minimum, plus it works sh*t without a dual core.

Anyway, if compat doesn't work then you'll have to get XP. But I also suggest a VM. Linux is free, and you can get XP *cough* *cough*.

Status
Not open for further replies.