• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Dream Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
What would your dream computer be? And try to keep it realistic.

I for one would want something along the lines of Alien-ware. Something with a lot of memory so I can play all of my games instead of having about 2 or 3 computers, lol.

Level 15
I would probably build a machine with 4 Tigerton Xeon Quad Cores (16 cores total) and 192GB of RAM in something like a Supermicro X7QCE motherboard.

And after I had paid all $25000 USD to buy the parts for the computer, and paid through the nose for around 400W of power use while the computer was idling, (it would take over 800W continuously at full use) I think I would be broke. :wink:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I)eath2u4me, those are usless to play games on, only good to handle large ammounts of data.

The dream computer of everyone I can assure you is the bellow.

4 * Nvidia geforce 9 - 9800 graphics processor running in quad SLI mode.
4 * 2GB ddr3 ram for a total of 8 GB in dual slot mode.
2 * 1 TB HDD in raid mode for ultra speed.
2 * 1 TB HDD in raid mode backing up the others.
Intel pentium quad core extreem ultra or even better intel processor (no AMD as they are low quality).
A top range sound card for best speed and quality.
A physics card incase any games support it.
An Ultra high res LCD screen.
Windows vista (for DX 10.1 support) or XP (for slightly less power graphics wise), both 64 bit.

Level 36
What would your dream computer be? And try to keep it realistic.

I for one would want something along the lines of Alien-ware. Something with a lot of memory so I can play all of my games instead of having about 2 or 3 computers, lol.

I have an alienware Area-51 v9550 (or whatever, it's the expensive one) laptop... Theoretically I could play converted xbox games on it in HD graphics.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Not true, as they are big. They have high internal delays and so what picture you would receicve from them would be many seconds out of date as it takes time for data to be syncornised. Thus they are used for batch work and not real time simulations with advanced graphics.

Level 36
1) My current PC is pretty dreamy...

2) But i'd order a Voodoo. A 30 thousand dollar Voodoo. With the best Core Extreme money can buy. And 4 GB's of DDR3. Hell, I'd probably be able to find DDR4 if I paid enough. And two blu-ray players. Liquid cooling throughout. Twin 8800 GTX's running in SLI.

A 15K RPM Raptor drive for running XP, another for games, and then a couple terabyte drives for space, etc.

Oh, and for a case: a Tuniq Symmetry. Google it. Finest looking case i've ever seen.

Level 36
Meh, the 9800's will have so many problems and that Quad SLI sounds too good to be true. There will be problems, so i'll stick with my dual GTX's thanks.

And anyway, the 9800 will always be a Radeon number. God bless the Radeon 9800 Pro that was so, so, so, very awesome back in the day.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Meh, the 9800's will have so many problems and that Quad SLI sounds too good to be true. There will be problems, so i'll stick with my dual GTX's thanks.

Thats the same attitude people had to the 8800 when it came out. . .

You are also forgetting that the 9800 is a dual GPU card, so it is estimated at atleast twice the power of a GTX.

Status
Not open for further replies.