• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need an idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
hey all, I need an ultimate idea for hero that have:
*an AoE sleep
*a passive ability that gives MS and AS for every unit made sleep
*an ability that damages sleeping units in an Aoe

now the ulti SHOULD use the dreams that have been caught in the second ability

Don't give me the triggers or something like this, tell me your idea of what it would do
I will give credit for the best idea, thx for the helpers

Level 1
How can you balance a map with a hero that has abilities like that? You need to add a potion into your game that you can use during stuns and sleeps that recovers from those 2 things if your going to make your heroes abilities that strong. Otherwise everyone playing your game will be miserable, because they cant use strategy to counter act anything. You should always put the control in the hands of the players when making a game. Thats just my opinion. As for adding the stun recovery potion I would do that, because I wouldn't expect many of the heroes in your game to have sleep spells anyways.

As for the idea you wanted how about an AOE ability that slowly pulls heroes into the middle of the AOE, but it would be a channeling spell to balance the game a little bit. If any of the heroes being pulled into the middle are attacked they get free. It also shouldn't be a stun cuz sleep is a very long stun as it is.

Also you could make the ultimate a passive like Ogre Magi's on dota allstars. To increase the damage by a percentage of a stat or something.

Level 16
How can you balance a map with a hero that has abilities like that? You need to add a potion into your game that you can use during stuns and sleeps that recovers from those 2 things if your going to make your heroes abilities that strong. Otherwise everyone playing your game will be miserable, because they cant use strategy to counter act anything. You should always put the control in the hands of the players when making a game. Thats just my opinion. As for adding the stun recovery potion I would do that, because I wouldn't expect many of the heroes in your game to have sleep spells anyways.

As for the idea you wanted how about an AOE ability that slowly pulls heroes into the middle of the AOE, but it would be a channeling spell to balance the game a little bit. If any of the heroes being pulled into the middle are attacked they get free. It also shouldn't be a stun cuz sleep is a very long stun as it is.

Also you could make the ultimate a passive like Ogre Magi's on dota allstars. To increase the damage by a percentage of a stat or something.

Not seeing what is sooo strong about that hero; for the first ability; it is like a stun that can be interrupted by damage :grin:

and thx for the idea, i may use it and still waiting for more

You didn't understand, i need a spell idea, not a model of a hero :vw_unimpressed:

Level 14
Ops!
Sorry.
Hmmmmm......
Let me think.....
You can make him put all enmies to sleep at a large radius and steal a percantage of their HP every second. HP drained will be given to the nearby friendly units around the caster at also a large range,equaly.

Level 1
Hey Dotca

Can I help you make that map of yours. I very smart when it comes to balancing and I could import models and do all the "too easy to be doing this" things, and I wouldnt make a single change without your exact concent. Im still learning with world editor, but I want to work with someone else on a map. its so boring doing it alone. Im great with detail though. I can come up with a entire list of amazing names and last names specifically picked out for each hero. Anyways maybe we could chat about it through voice chat cuz its easier doing that than forums page.

My name is Azarael Kladen on steam and my Skype name is the same as my steam. Idc if im not even using world editor I just like crafting stuff! ^_^

Level 16
Hey Dotca

Can I help you make that map of yours. I very smart when it comes to balancing and I could import models and do all the "too easy to be doing this" things, and I wouldnt make a single change without your exact concent. Im still learning with world editor, but I want to work with someone else on a map. its so boring doing it alone. Im great with detail though. I can come up with a entire list of amazing names and last names specifically picked out for each hero. Anyways maybe we could chat about it through voice chat cuz its easier doing that than forums page.

My name is Azarael Kladen on steam and my Skype name is the same as my steam. Idc if im not even using world editor I just like crafting stuff! ^_^

:ogre_icwydt:

Look at my signature: the map i am asking for "the idea" is DotCa itself

but if you still wana help maybe you can in the last one: Warcraft Run

For it, the idea is just crazyness: convert Temple Run into a Warcraft III Map :xxd: I'm just at the begining of it so i gues "maybe" you can help me

I will give you respond as soon as possible

Level 14
Why not use a summoning-style spell, where the sleeping creatures' nightmares become reality.

For example:
~Flying units: love the sky -> Giant spiders with web are spawned (that can eat them)
~Ground units: love the ground -> Dragon/drake is spawned (that can eat them)
OR:
~Nature-sided units: dream of living? -> Trees come alive and attack (that can eat them)
~Mechanical-sided units: dream of machines? -> Mechanical units come out and shoot/stomp/run-over them
~Undead units: like sticking with the living -> reapers with 100% evasion appear and attack them
~Heroes: like being powerful -> get swarmed by 'millions' of little spiders (crypt fiend missile animations) and take damage, helpless to retaliate.

Just some ideas, I noticed your hero had no spawning capabilities so I threw some at you. Good luck!

//\\^^//\\

Level 16
Why not use a summoning-style spell, where the sleeping creatures' nightmares become reality.

For example:
~Flying units: love the sky -> Giant spiders with web are spawned (that can eat them)
~Ground units: love the ground -> Dragon/drake is spawned (that can eat them)
OR:
~Nature-sided units: dream of living? -> Trees come alive and attack (that can eat them)
~Mechanical-sided units: dream of machines? -> Mechanical units come out and shoot/stomp/run-over them
~Undead units: like sticking with the living -> reapers with 100% evasion appear and attack them
~Heroes: like being powerful -> get swarmed by 'millions' of little spiders (crypt fiend missile animations) and take damage, helpless to retaliate.

Just some ideas, I noticed your hero had no spawning capabilities so I threw some at you. Good luck!

//\\^^//\\

You're idea is just AWESOME

Your Idea is very nice, it is chosen

I'm sorry for what i'm gonna say, I'm not going to make the nightmare thing for this hero, the idea i'm going to make is less awesome but i want to finish this version as quickly as possible so in future versions maybe :wink:
+rep thought

Last edited:
Level 14
You're idea is just AWESOME

Your Idea is very nice, it is chosen

I'm sorry for what i'm gonna say, I'm not going to make the nightmare thing for this hero, the idea i'm going to make is less awesome but i want to finish this version as quickly as possible so in future versions maybe :wink:
+rep thought

::(

I suspected as much. It wouldn't be that difficult to limit the ultimate to the million-spiders-of-death though (Just a modified starfall with a different art-target-model).

Still, good luck!

//\\^^//\\

Status
Not open for further replies.