• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need a trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
if someone could post a trigger on this page that when the game starts a text that says "Welcome to the introduction to Azentorth Saga Missions 1-5
Have Fun!!!" that would be great. I made it but when i try to save the map it says that the script code is incorrect. HALPE ME!!!

Level 22
> you have to go into actions, player group, then look for pick every player in (All Players) and do Action . in the action part just add the message trigger to display the message

That's really kind of unnecessary since you can tell the message action to display to all players at once....

Level 22
> thanks for repeating my post

Well, your trigger is not the same thing.
If you configure a trigger to operate by your method, it will display one message per player as it loops through the players. I'm saying that, while that would work, you don't really have to do that.

Here's what I see your trigger looking like:

• Message Display
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Picked player))) the text: Some Cool Text
But you can simply do this:

• Message Display
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Some Cool Text
Or did I misunderstand what you meant? It sounded like that is what you were describing. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.