• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I need a rune creating trigger!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
ok this is the trigger:
  • AddRunes
    • Events
      • Time - Every 20.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set MapPlayable = (Random point in (Playable map area))
      • Item - Create Rune of Invulnerability at MapPlayable
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_MapPlayable)
Is it fine?and leakless?I think yes...
I was also wondering about something.Let's say we have 100Points in a map.The variables choses randomly Point31,then it will create the rune to this point.Next time the rune will be created at the same Point?The Point31?Or each time a new random point will be selected?

Level 15
No, that does not leak.

For the secnd question, do you have something like

• Set Integer = random number between x and y
  • Set point = point_array[Integer]

I was making the question for the trigger i posted above,how will it exaclty work?

And cHeRoL thx about the system,but this looks a lot like the river item spawn triggers from DotA Template.

Level 28
ok this is the trigger:
  • AddRunes
    • Events
      • Time - Every 20.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set MapPlayable = (Random point in (Playable map area))
      • Item - Create Rune of Invulnerability at MapPlayable
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_MapPlayable)
Is it fine?and leakless?I think yes...
I was also wondering about something.Let's say we have 100Points in a map.The variables choses randomly Point31,then it will create the rune to this point.Next time the rune will be created at the same Point?The Point31?Or each time a new random point will be selected?
First, use that trigger

Second: It's a new random point for each event

Status
Not open for further replies.