• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

I need a MODERN us soldier...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I love modern warfare games... (especially Generals, Call of Duty, Socom, Resistance, Syphon Filter, Medal of Honor... Just to name a few...)

And I've been playing/making maps... Got a slow experience with them put hell...

Also, I've been making flags for my game... If you haven't noticed...

I'm making a map based on 2023 and its not really ready for anything...

(I'm accepting skins too)

So anyways... To make this short... Its a wargame that's an AOS

Notes:

This looks perfect for a 1950s kind of war... But, that's not what I am in need...

This one is nice... But, I don't like the skin...

Have fun... Umm, helping me :p

BDU-R8695.jpg

This looks nice...

Product_4932_enl.jpg

always needed one with a backpack...

YES I USED the search button...

Last edited:
Level 8
Ghost the 1s you provived are just Spetznaz and and basic Russian infantry...I think your gonna need some1 to make u a current U.S marine model. What you need to do is tell the model makers what the terrain is. So they know what color to make the camo.

Level 10
Hey, I'm currently working on a soldier type model for my own project... I was planning to keep all my models to myself as I hate seeing someone's custom models thrown into games where they are not only the best thing about the game, but also completely out of place. Seems kind of selfish I know, but considering the amount of time it takes me to make a half decent model I don't want to just throw them out there to anyone.

On the other side of things, I am obviously a warcraft player and a bigger hate of mine is playing a modern day themed game that still looks like the warcraft universe... I mean the game can be almost perfect, excellent fun and more complex then anything I could devise... but I always find myself looking at a goddamn marine or edited villager model thinking 'I'm so sick of seeing you a**hole (model)'. lol...

...but I know this is because there aren't any decent modern day models to choose from. I don't know why, I guess maybe people who can make models and like guns stick to fps's or something.

So heres the deal, don't rely on me but once I have completed a soldier model I'll pm you and put it up on the site for all to use. Here's a work in progress shot -

View attachment 35208

Don't mind the body I'm still working on it's proportions and wrap.

This guy is still in early stages but once I have completed my version I'll do a skin in military camo. He is really low-poly (420 faces) and will rely on weapon attachments to jazz him up. There is going to be a bit of a wait tho... The only utility I have found that I can use for animating is Milkshape3D. I can't purchase a copy as I don't have access to a credit card and even if I did I've never been trusting of online purchasing. So unfortunately I am going to have to finish all my maps static models first, and then animate the whole lot in the 30 day trial.

So yeah, don't expect it any time soon, but I will let you know when I have a completed version for use. I'm doing a bunch of modern day weapon attachments too so I'll throw a couple of those in with it.

Last edited:
Level 10
...lol startrek? Well, I guess he does have that capt. kirk sex appeal...

View attachment 35242

Actually the face is (very) loosely based off duke nukem, this character is going to be my heavy class in my game. I don't know what you mean by his face isn't your favourite type... that kinda makes it sound more like you are looking for a date then requesting a model. Besides, ingame all you will really see is this -

View attachment 35243

As far as the rest goes, yeah I read the posts earlier in the request and I was going to put a helmet and backpack on. You can't make a model do 'any' gun tho. The animations for a pistol compared to a rifle would be way different. This guy's animation will handle all rifle and machine gun type weapons if that is what you are after.

I'll be doing a reskin for the public version so if you could be more specific on what kind of faces you do like, I'll see if I can do it. With his uniform, will an urban type of camo be ok?

Like I said don't rely on me, if it turns out not to be what your specifically after (because you are being really, really specific) then you don't have to use it, but I will pm you when I have it done so you can have the first looksie.

Last edited:
Level 17
I don't know what you mean by his face isn't your favourite type... that kinda makes it sound more like you are looking for a date then requesting a model.

The animations for a pistol compared to a rifle would be way different. This guy's animation will handle all rifle and machine gun type weapons if that is what you are after.

With his uniform, will an urban type of camo be ok?

Like I said don't rely on me, if it turns out not to be what your specifically after (because you are being really, really specific) then you don't have to use it, but I will pm you when I have it done so you can have the first looksie.

1. Hehe... That's a good response...

2. Hmm, well, if possible, make one animation called Attack Handgun, Attack Rifle, Attack RPG and ect...

Also, I have always been tired of all models having only one death animation... If you come to think of it, it would be better if there were more than one death animation... I suggest you make multiple animations for Stand and Death... As those are really what makes a note worthy model :p

3. Well, my theme ain't camo, but it's really your choice cause my game shouldn't be what your model is aiming for right?

PS. Mine is desert camo, if your wondering...

4. ok

Level 10
Ok make the skin easy to edit ^^

If its obvious whats the jacket and oits not wrapped in some wacky way then people can easily make thier own camo for it.

Just a suggestion tho, I know how hard it can be to map sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.