• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need a map maker!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need an expert map maker, the one who knows about everything to create a map...
:fp: I have alots of ideas in warcraft 3 TFT problem is my world editor is does not work Its crashing every time I open it. My ideas are: about a wolf`s life/building a wolf pack and Ant`s life.
Well the truth is im a 12yr old kid so i cant handle map making.

If you are interested to help me email me at [email protected]

Level 13
Try reinstalling Warcraft III.

If you're worried about your maps. Just copy the maps folder and place them somewhere else. Then just reinstall Warcraft III and patch up.

Level 9
A 12 year old child is in the perfect opportunity to learn map making, especially the triggering parts.

Plus you have all of that time and energy available to you. I have the time, but these days not the energy.

So much of it relies on high school mathematics.

A lot of times I wish I could rewind time and steal one of those thick math books for a few hours every day just so I can easily understand triggering which is heavily based on truth tables and boolean functions. These were principles I never was very heavy on studying up on in high school. I never saw the reason to study up on them, they were just 'there', 'because'.

9th grade High School Math pwns.

If you really want to trigger a great map, I'd advise signing up for Math and focus on studying the new stuff. Talk to the math teachers and tell them what you want to learn, and why you want to learn it. You would want to learn math, particularly truth tables and variables because you want to program your own computer game. ^^ That might inspire the teachers to actually teach you something good. :)

Level 17
A 12 year old child is in the perfect opportunity to learn map making, especially the triggering parts.

It depends... If he needs to study alot or has a mom that doesn't want a computer to raise a child then he's gonna have alot of trouble.

And yes, I gotta agree on that Math being easier thing. I never knew how easy simple math has become in triggering and conditions.

But, theres a 1/10 chance you won't encounter a warcraft like problem in math...

Level 13
But, theres a 1/10 chance you won't encounter a warcraft like problem in math...

Pop quiz! Arthas has to kill 100 civilians in Stratholme. He's already killed 77, how many more does he have to kill?

On topic: But really, being 12 means you have time. And you'll be able to do more advanced things as you age if you keep learning. I say take a crack at it.

Level 15
I started fooling around with the WE about 10 or 11.
Man I hated the triggers!
With 12 years you can do almost anything.(in WE ofcourse)
I would help you if I had time.(I'm 15 and the school is applying pressure0

I started with Heroes of might & magic 2 1997 wich didnt had that much to edit, but as a 11 yr old it was fun :)
I also continued with might & magic 3 when it came out in 1999.

Then Age of empires 2 in 1999 "Create map", it was simple and easy for a beginner.
But Age of empires 2's system always crashed and were VERY unstable!! :/ (Just as Windows)

2000-2001 I started with Starcraft editor with Starforge, SCmdraft & X-tra Editor.
I continued with the Starcraft editor for 3 years.

2003-2004 I went over to Wc3 where everything had waaaaaaaaay more alternatives then the Starcraft editor..
Now I have maked maps for Wc3 for 2 years & really looking forward to "Starcraft 2 Editor" :)

Short said, 10-11 years editing maps for games, im 21 yr today.
Hmmm sounds pretty pathetic.. -.-

But anyways, its good to start when you are young becouse your learning abilities is bigger now as a child!
So dont ask people do stuff FOR you, ask instead of help with triggers and read the very good Tutorials on Hiveworkshop.
Iv'e been in every Tutorial so I guarantee that they are awesome for beginners!

Good Luck!
//ReDbEaN

Level 49
Yea, you should start from triggers, but first: if u never made a map, i suggest u should start with making some "undefitable" heros against an army of 999 ghouls that got 1 attack, and then try it, u will LOVE what u get... >_<. then, try some stuff in object editor, like changing colors and change some model-art's, and then try making "altered melee's"(changing a whole race to something other, like making the Orc race be forest troll, etc.), and wich some time, u will learn! and btw, 12 is not exactly the most suitable age to this site, ppl like using foul language and sexual reference...

Yea, you should start from triggers, but first: if u never made a map, i suggest u should start with making some "undefitable" heros against an army of 999 ghouls that got 1 attack, and then try it, u will LOVE what u get... >_<. then, try some stuff in object editor, like changing colors and change some model-art's, and then try making "altered melee's"(changing a whole race to something other, like making the Orc race be forest troll, etc.), and wich some time, u will learn! and btw, 12 is not exactly the most suitable age to this site, ppl like using foul language and sexual reference...

12 is the PERFECT age for this site! A lot of people to ask & a lot of tutorials!

Sure, if they are 12 they aren't as sofisticated as us little older ppl, but they learn to be sofisticated anyways.. sooner or later..

Level 11
Stop, SilentAssassin96 is gone! He left the Hive...
He probably damaged his Wc3 disk and he would need to buy a new one.

Me: I am PRO. I don't know JASS, but I can ANY THING. I am freaking powerful mapper.
Where did I start? Well, I played some maze when I was 12.. and there was a website where the creator tells how to make your own maze. I gone there immediately. http://mazetutorials.cjb.net/ .

I had so much questions... a hell of them and no tutorial could give me an answer, then I found Hiveworkshop in google.

I was opening all maps where I meet some feature I don't know how to make and steal. Dialogs... timers... leaderboards were the hardest. I played RoC then.

I was inventing, not learning. I got my own ways for anything.

Then I got OVEREXPERIENCED and now I am who I am - WE addict.

725 725 725 725 725 725 725 725 725 725...

Level 17
Stop, SilentAssassin96 is gone! He left the Hive...
He probably damaged his Wc3 disk and he would need to buy a new one.

Me: I am PRO. I don't know JASS, but I can ANY THING. I am freaking powerful mapper.
Where did I start? Well, I played some maze when I was 12.. and there was a website where the creator tells how to make your own maze. I gone there immediately. http://mazetutorials.cjb.net/ .

I had so much questions... a hell of them and no tutorial could give me an answer, then I found Hiveworkshop in google.

I was opening all maps where I meet some feature I don't know how to make and steal. Dialogs... timers... leaderboards were the hardest. I played RoC then.

I was inventing, not learning. I got my own ways for anything.

Then I got OVEREXPERIENCED and now I am who I am - WE addict.

725 725 725 725 725 725 725 725 725 725...
Stop talking like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.