• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need a good original idea..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Just as the title says, I am willing to make a map of any good idea...
(I ran out of ideas...)
:grin:

This also means suggesting a map type that has not been done yet or in a long time.

Last edited:
Level 7
lol you do know that asking ideas from someone else doesn't make it original anymore right? XD

Hmmm... maybe make a "city life" map, like in the modern world and you play a drug dealer or something like that. I haven't seen a map like that yet

Level 10
@bestoboy:
You know that LoaP is that kind of a map?

On-Topic:
Make a AoS with custom heroes or something ^^
EDIT: With custom heroes i meant heroes you can choose skills your self like:
Choose model (has primary attributes and all) -> Choose normal skills -> Choose Ulti.

Level 3
Loap is Life Of A Peasant. There is a drug dealer, the mafia and the police. The others is peasants that shall get a job, buy a house etc.
I know that, I used to play it when it was popular (2004 Winter)

Any was I really need "never been done" crazy ideas...

Level 24
If you're aiming for a smaller project, make some kind of mini-game or even make a Uther's Party kind of map, you know where you play a series of mini-games and the winner of the most mini-games wins the game. If you want to do something slightly bigger, do a tower defense map, hero survival or something similar. Finally, if you want to do something really serious, like an rpg or a campaign, then go ahead and do one. Remember that whatever map you choose to make, do know that it will take a lot of time to finish it at a quality people will be satisfied with. Rome wasn't built in a day, and nor will you make a map in one either.

Level 3
If you're aiming for a smaller project, make some kind of mini-game or even make a Uther's Party kind of map, you know where you play a series of mini-games and the winner of the most mini-games wins the game. If you want to do something slightly bigger, do a tower defense map, hero survival or something similar. Finally, if you want to do something really serious, like an rpg or a campaign, then go ahead and do one. Remember that whatever map you choose to make, do know that it will take a lot of time to finish it at a quality people will be satisfied with. Rome wasn't built in a day, and nor will you make a map in one either.
>.<
I know how to make a map and how long and painful it can be. Hell I have been working on my latest Gmod map for the past 5 months...

I need a idea for a map that is not a "common" one.. So I do not want to do a TD or DoTA like map...

Level 3
Whoops, guess there was a game like that already XD

What about making a farm game? You're a farmer, hire workers, slaughter cows etc.

Multi-player harvest moon? o_O.. Ok sounds epic..but it might well..be boring much? xD

Level 7
Okay uhhh, make a fighting game like street fighter or mortal kombat. The characters will have abilities for upper punch, lower kick, lower punch, lower kick etc. Then with the right combination of abilities, they do a skill ex. Shoryuken, "Get over here".

Might be a little hard though

Level 3
Okay uhhh, make a fighting game like street fighter or mortal kombat. The characters will have abilities for upper punch, lower kick, lower punch, lower kick etc. Then with the right combination of abilities, they do a skill ex. Shoryuken, "Get over here".

Might be a little hard though
Scorpion throws a KUNI on a rope or A demon snake (depending on the game).

And a fighting game in wc3 might be..very hard to do well...

Level 7
... this a bit odd make a map that is kinda scary.. make a underworld(vampire vs. werewolf kind of a map that would be cool.. your a werewolf or a vampire or your main goal is to destroy the other superior kind...if your a vampire you kill the werewolf and if your a werewolf you kill the vampire..
in every kill you make you get stronger..and humans is your food..they give xp and life..
make it like a aos/medieval.. i know there is already a map called transylvania but this is different i think..

or for more epic HERCULES RPG ive thinking there is a none like map of hercules in wc3
you get to defeat the mythical monsters like a hydra,dargons, and the force of hades..etc that i think would be great..

Level 15
1) How about you try and make one of those 2D fighting games where you click arrow keys to move and a combination of arrow keys and attack or something to do a combo :)
2) Make an arena where you start with a few units and a building. You use the building to upgrade your units. When a unit dies, it will revive at the building and if it has a killed enough, it will be promoted to another rank. When your building is destroyed, you lose. Your unit will become a hero if it kills alot and reaches the maximum rank. You can have a limit of x heroes.

Level 3
1) How about you try and make one of those 2D fighting games where you click arrow keys to move and a combination of arrow keys and attack or something to do a combo :)
2) Make an arena where you start with a few units and a building. You use the building to upgrade your units. When a unit dies, it will revive at the building and if it has a killed enough, it will be promoted to another rank. When your building is destroyed, you lose. Your unit will become a hero if it kills alot and reaches the maximum rank. You can have a limit of x heroes.
1 = would not work
2 = hero arena much? (already been done..A LOT)

I'm thinking of doing harvest moon multilayer..anyone here willing to play that?

Status
Not open for further replies.