• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I look for my queen (model & icon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello,

I'm making a Chess Game humans vs orcs, but i've a big problem
As you've probably noticed, there is no female in orc units!!!
So I need some help to add the orcish queen.

Request summary
Model 3D (modeling, remodeling or reskinning) and icon
design: warcraft-styled orcish female wizzard hero
use: orcish queen in a chess game

If someone is interrested, this is what i need:
A animated model, with its portrait and also its icon (a full unit so) of a female orc (you can made it from a existing model, like a night elve)

it's have to observe the graphical design of warcraft III
this female orc have to be rather magical one (like a sorceress)
she's supposed to be a hero (so i hope for the glow)
no mount, no fx, only a simple orcish unit
use player color (unlike medihv)

I'll be very grateful ^^

PS: my game thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=285090#post285090

Nb: I'm actually using the OrcHuntress fan model, but i'm not satisfied, i don't have an associated icon, its a warrior styled unit, and the hero glow is to down and often go under the ground :/

Last edited:
Level 10
Frostwolf looks like he makes alot of Orc Females, try pming him (If he's still around).

Or you could ask for a skin convertion (E.g Jaina to an orcish Jaina Model)

OR you could make the skin yourself, check out the tutorials. I WOULD make the skin for you, but my computer is a little down... Cant do anything right now.

Off topic:

Orcs have no females.

So that must mean they're gay...

Level 9
Thanks everyone

@Werewulf : thanks, it probably means that i'm very bad at using the search tool, i'll take a look!

Or you could ask for a skin convertion (E.g Jaina to an orcish Jaina Model)
Yes, i've said that "you can made it from a existing model, like a night elve"

OR you could make the skin yourself, check out the tutorials.
No no no, no, i've said no! I can't; the perfect opposite of "infographist" is YoshiRyu ^^'

YoshiRyu, there is nothing wrong with using male orcs as the queen.
I must be more chess-purist than americans ^^

Off topic: Maybe, the orcs use genetic science to reproduct themself...

Last edited:
Level 45
No..they have sex..seriously.....

You kids need to play WoW.. its only been out for like what....4 years? tsk tsk..
250px-Warcraft_Orcs.jpg

anyway, gl and your map is lookin great btw.

Level 9
looks like he's not joking...
orc have females, they are playable in wow
and they are existing in books (Thrall have a mother)
so maybe they reproduct themself by spores (but wiki aren't always right)
but blizzard himself show us orcish female

Edit after better wiki title reading:
it's a wiki about warhammer and not warcraft -_-

Last edited:
Level 9
orcs don't exist -_-
there is no rule, so if blizzard want to say they've female, no matter if warhammer don't say the same, blizzard is free to describe its own orcs, and i'm also free to prefere a female queen for my map.

can you stop trolling my request only to say your better know something wich doesn't exist?

Last edited:
Level 9
Thanks
but I don't wank to ask it to someone in particular, i prefer let artists choose to help me or not, i'm not gonna borring them.

Anyone who wants to try can, using the way he wants (modeling, remodeling or only reskining), i only look the result
Anyway, even if the result doesn't interrest me, that's not a useless works because orcish female model aren't profuse and it will be usefull for the community.

moreover, this model i haven't doesn't prevent me from making the map; in the worst case, i'll simply keep the orchuntress model and maybe someone will do the model i hope later.

Last edited:
Level 15
No. They reproduce theirselves with spores.

YoshiRyu, there is nothing wrong with using male orcs as the queen. There are for example American civil war themed pieces.

Orcs are not Orks. You'e on a Warcraft site, so you're pretty stupid to even think of crossing that line.

I may still have this if you're interested.

Attachments

• fem_orc.jpg
    fem_orc.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 235
Level 5
Who knows she could be the half-orc from the book "The last Guardian" When she was one of Medivh's "friends" atleast his true self was a friend of her...not the Sargeras part.

Level 9
Hello,
I've trying something and... i loose ^^

rune10.jpg

I've tryed to add the catapult's old skin's rune to the OrcSorcerer's model's alpha channel, but it has turn the model's team-colored parts into something more flashy :
downlo10.jpg
altere10.jpg

I want to add this rune here on the skin:
orcsor10.jpg

(maybe a little more on the right)

That would add these details on the model:
rune_o10.jpg

rune_o11.jpg

Can someone explain me why this flashy unexpected result?
And can someone do it if i can't?

OrcSorcerer : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/skins/765/

_
EDIT: i've corrected the glow on the OrcHuntress model and i've uploaded it here

Last edited:
Level 15
Seems like more of the white from your texture is bleeding into the alpha than the original. Since you are actually editing the alpha (as you're making the rune shape use team colour), this is the problem.

Are you using Paintshop Pro?

Personally I think its a shit program for doing alpha, since you paint white, but then it collapses the layers and bleeds through like your skin. You'd have to spray over the white areas in black on the normal layer.

Level 22
... you're comming a little... late ^^'

lol u are coming in late...
but back to the request... the queen in chess is basically the most powerful piece right? the king however is weak but important. wut i would do is think about wut the strongest hero for orcs is, put it has the queen and so on. well thats just my opinion... AND ORCS,ORKS,AND ORCS ARE NOT THE SAME. ORCS IN WC3 ARE GREEN AND ARE BARBARIANS. ORKS IN WARHAMMER 40K ARE GREEN, THEIR HEADS ARE BIG THEY ARE SHORT, THEY CARRY LITTLE PISTOLS, THEY KNO HOW TO USE ROCKETS, AND GO ON WAAAAAGHS ALL THE TIME. ORCS IN LOTR ARE BLACK!! THEY ARE HUNCHBACKED EXCEPT FOR URUKS THEY TALK WIERD, THEY DONT SCREAM LIKE ORKS, THEY ARE NEVER GREEN LIKE ORCS AND ORKS, AND THEY DONT CARRY GUNS, AND ARE REALLY REALLY REALLY WEAK. ORCS FROM LOTR ARE MADE FROM MUDDY LOOKING PITS, ORKS ARE MADE FROM SPORES, AND ORCS FROM WC3 ARE MADE BY SEX. GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT!!

Level 9
AND ORCS,ORKS,AND ORCS ARE NOT THE SAME.
I was telling he was late (and so you) because the discussion about orc sexuallity is one month old...

ORKS IN WARHAMMER 40K
Warhammer is not warhammer 40k, there is also a simple heroic-fantasy warhammer universe without gun ;)

ORCS IN LOTR ARE BLACK
In fact, there are dark green, but there isn't light enough to see it
LOTR was a book a long time before the movie...

now can you stop howling like that, that totally useless for my request...

Level 22
i did give u some of my opinions on the queen... and i do kno about the warhammer thing... age of darkness or chaos something like that...there are orks in warhammer 40k 2 u kno... i wasnt howling... i was just... using the caps locks...

Status
Not open for further replies.