• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chaos Upgrade malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a long time since I've even touched the World Editor, and I've tried to add in a way to upgrade the Orcish techtree allowing their buildings to train their Fel Orc counterparts.

...However, whenever I research the upgrade, it simply adds the unit I want, and won't replace their counterpart (Barracks; Grunt icon, beside a Fel Orc Grunt icon). I've added the "Available" (Ex; Fel Orc Peon) and "Unavailable" (ex; Peon) to the upgrade, and it still presents this problem.

I've even added in a triggered upgrade that makes the regular Orcish models Unavailable, and still it won't work, what am I doing wrong here?

Why don't you make a second Barracks building in the Object Editor, which has the Fel Orcs in it?
Then,
  • Trig
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit finishes research
  • Conditions
    • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Fel Orc Upgrade
  • Actions
    • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) of type Barracks [Orc]) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a Barracks [Fel Orc], using the new unit's default relative health and mana

Level 4
You could also base on the Reign of Chaos mission where you "upgrade" your orcs to fel orcs with the blood of mannoroth. Of course you need to extract the campaign map but it shouldnt be too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.