• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I have a skinning question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Alright, I'm new at skinning and so far I know how to add color to a model and import it into my map, but I'm struggling to add team color to a skin. I've just read all the team color threads that I could find, but none of them give specific directions. I've still tried to do what they say, but I think I'm missing a couple steps. I need to know all the steps of adding team color and importing it to my map. If everybody says that it is easy than I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem making a tutorial on how to do it. You see I'm a visual learner and I need to see some screenshots. I'm surprised that none of these websites have tutorials on how to add team color, so it makes me have to search all kinds of threads which makes things confusing. I've done all that I can and I need somebody's help. It would be great if anyone could help me with this and I would be really thankful, so may you help me, please? Plus, a lot of people have asked this, so you would be helping them too. By the way, I believe I have all the necessary tools to add team color. I have Adobe Photoshop, WC3 Viewer, Magos Model Editor and the Image Extractor.

Level 6
I found one tutorial on how to do this, but it's for 3dsmax 5 only, so it doesn't really help me.

If you are making a new skin for a pre-existing warcraft model then you can only put team color in places where it already exists. You can change the shape and make it smaller but you cant add new team color outside of the areas where it already is. You will notice that any areas of the wrap that have team color are black in both the RBG and alpha channels. To change the shape and design of the team color, use polagonal lasso to select the shape you want for the team color, then invert selection, then on alpha channel color everything that you no longer want to be team colored white. What remains black will remained team colored.

Level 6
What do you mean making a new skin to a pre-existing model? Do you mean like making a skin for a footman or grunt? Or do you mean editing the footman or grunt skin?

Level 6
I was just going to edit the grunt skin that I got off the WC3 viewer. Wanted to make the eyes glow red and add some team color tattoos to his arms and face.

Status
Not open for further replies.