• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

i have 2 things to say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
ok well i have a problem with that... i changed a file to mpq and when i try to load it on to mpq it says that doesnt contain a mpq archive... do u kno what i should do or what im doing wrong?

Level 8
You don't need to rename anything. You should be able to just open any .mpq or .w3m file in WinMPQ. If you want to open .w3x, go into WinMPQ, and when you go to open the file, change to All instead of just .w3m. Then it'll open .w3x's with no problem.

Never never never ever never ever not once ever import anything into your .mpq in order to change your map. It will screw up your .mpq and your game and it won't affect your map when it's played on someone else's compy. Only import files into your maps.

Level 6
Panto said:
You don't need to rename anything. You should be able to just open any .mpq or .w3m file in WinMPQ. If you want to open .w3x, go into WinMPQ, and when you go to open the file, change to All instead of just .w3m. Then it'll open .w3x's with no problem.

Never never never ever never ever not once ever import anything into your .mpq in order to change your map. It will screw up your .mpq and your game and it won't affect your map when it's played on someone else's compy. Only import files into your maps.

ok... well i did all that w3m stuff but it doesnt show up when i click on import all object data...

Level 6
oz02 said:
What do you mean Import all Object Data? Where are you doing that? Just open your map with WinMPQ, and import the files with the correct path. That's it. Then if it's a model or icon specify it in the Object Editor.

ok well i already imported it... do i have to extract it???

Status
Not open for further replies.