• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] I could need some AI for my map here^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Maybe some people heard about this map: Empire Builder v10
It's a map where players choose a race and build up an empire at some random spot and they get income through making citizens. There's also a raider team attacking them - But if people leave, no one controls them. Could anyone make me an AI which is able to use all the things of my map (giving the map out for that) and attacking other players?
I'm available here and on my homepage http://bcmaps.suncore.de/bcmaps/index.php .

ty,
blackcat500

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I know that this is techinacly reviving a dead topic but since its the lattest AI post. . .

I think I might be able to make basic AI for your map.

But first some flaws I found with the map.

The demon citizens modle is archimende which is a too good a modle for something like citizens since archimonde is an extra good hero modle so a screen filled with 200 archimende modles WILL cause slowdown on fps.
Change them to the normal warlock modle or better the fell hound modle since thoughs are alot less demanding on ones GPU.

Bug with demon baracks.
It says it can upgrade to a gnoll capital lvl 3. . .
Is this itentional or like im saying a bug?

Well onto the AI
The problem is the only way to do such a map as this is to write trigger simulated AI which is EXTREMELY demanding and if done badly would cause horriable lag.
And most of the problem is the corodination system.
I think it will be possiable to make AI that does build and attack but ONLY if a player made all the needed structures.

Also the citizens would be a problem since 200 units is a large volume and if a human sees their army being blocked by their cits they would move the cits but an AI would not.

So cits would need virtualy 0 Colision to avoid this.

Also inorder to know where to gather / retreat they would need a system of locating which fort their owner built in.

Combat could be simulated realisticly at low trigger usage but combat is always the easy part in a strat game like your map.

Another problem is once key buildings are killed how will they rebuild which leads me back the the first problem of how do they set up their base.

So I have come up with the idea.
Human assisted AI.
If a player dropps at start a race will be randomly picked and then control is given to every player.
Once they make all the key structures and such the AI will then un-ally some and remove control from the other players.

Every so often it checks if its army is bigger than a enemy player.
It then picks one of the players and sends all its army to attack that player.

If its army reaches less that 25% of the total hp it left its base with it would then retreate and the sequence repeats.

If the AI loses key structures it gives control back to its allies and waits for them to rebuild the buildings.

A basic ally/enemy system might be introduced for a more dynamic playing.

Ofcourse this is what I might be able to do for a BETA AI for you map and so it could end up much better with the AI auto building key structures.

Level 3
that sounds kinda logical...yes...I will think about that..but making a lagging AI is bad because the map itself lags like shit already, haha.
if you want to contact me i have msn [email protected]

off topic:
to the bugs: I knew those bugs, but I won't make a totally new version for that only..I'm awaiting more bug reports in order to make a new version.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The reason it lags badly is. . .
Leakage!
And quite a bit of leakage to!
Inorder to even consider implimenting an AI the map will have to be patched up to a playable quality.

That includes redoing some of the triggers and reducing the amount oh heros they can build since you will find that spamming heros greatly reduces preformace.

Overall the map realy needs alot of work to compete with well made maps.

And if im not mistake the map does not use a single line of jass :shock: :? .

Well anyway before an AI can be implanted the triggers need to be redone.

------------------------------------------------------

Ok after opening the map in WE I saw that the terane also needs to be improved since the edges of the map seem un finished and do not match the bases near them.

Also I noticed that the bases them selves look different yet are as if they were the same (not shape or structure wise but effect wise).
Maybe some kind of bonous for example the blighted fort in the center damages all attackers 1 hp per second and if a unit owned by the fort's owner dies in the fort it is revived as a permant skelton (which is weak)

But one thing that is sure is if you want AI the triggers need to be redone in jass.

I would start doing it but I need the fully unprotected version (with the GUI script) to start.

Level 3
I know many triggers can be improved with arrays and such and the terrain needs some overdoing.
Thanks for giving me hints, that's making it alot easier. To the unprotected map..well...i think I should fix the map in general before.
You know..With the max amout ( or a bit less ) of the players it lags BADLY already,at least with a small comp. I really have to balance the relation between the citizen amount, citizen gold income and the general unit,hero and building gold cost.
And you are right I don't have any JASS triggers because I'm not THAT good..I have no idea what they can do, I'm still a learner. But note: this map doesn't show my full skill.
If that all is done...the map lag should be half, or less. And then I can think about giving the unprotected version to you, I think.

EDIT after a time: I've boosted up some triggers and now the lag seems kinda to be gone. I'm working on the rest now, some improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.