• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] AI for my AoS map...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
ive made a few maps... i understand some triggers and how to make heros etc etc.. all the easy stuff. i want to get into map making and i thought id try and make an aos. my main problem is i have no idea how to do ai. what ive done is i have my small groups of troops spawning on one side and i need them to make there way to the other side following 1 of 4 paths (1 group of troops following each path).

i could easily make the heros using existing abilities and whatnot but i want to make my own and i dont know how to link hero abilities with effects or buffs or make my own effects buffs and all that. so if someone could point me to a straightforward tutorial that would be good. or if someone has the patience to explain some things to me on msn or sumthing...

ps im not an idiot :p

Level 2
nice... i thought that might be the case... makes a butload more sense. still though becuase there is 4 routes to the other base can i set a path for them to follow or checkpoints? if u just tell me what trigger it is i should be able to work it out, i will look for it now but just in case...

thnx

Level 2
found the trigger. easy stuff now i need to put in a checkpoint of sum kind co that they go the way i want. i guess ill just make them go to a region halfway and then add a trigger for that region to send entering units of the certain player (computer) the rest of the way.

Level 6
if you want them to attack while they move, they have to be ordered to partol, rather than move to. otherwise tehy will run past enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.