• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I challenge Kixer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I will step by step challenge every1 at THW until I became the best at triggering!!

Kixer, I challenge you to make an impossible skills with triggers only(no GUI or JASS), doesn't fair if one of use pick the challenge so let others member or admins pick which skills we must done... We will keep make skills until no more skills to finish, last man standing!!

Submit map when you finish your skill

-------No new post allowed!!-------

Hey!! I want answering but why I can't post new!! Kixer we start the challenge from 19th, the rules are as you wish but I don't care.. I will only use triggers, because a man never pull his own word..

I must win, 19th April is my lucky day.. It's my birthday ^^

Last edited:
Level 9
Huh?

I didnt quite understand your whole post?
I cant take up you challenge atm, cuz i dont have acess to WE atm...
But if i do take up your challenge i wanna being able JASS! If you want to be better than me, i should be able to use all of my skills? And GUI is so limited >.< how could i make my Spell MUI?
And could you maybe make this a pack of 5 spells. So that all aspects can be tested?

Level 8
Haha.
GUI is triggers. Graphical User Interface; it's just the name for the drop-down menus and conveniently labeled functions.
JASS is GUI. Not sure what it stands for.. Something like Just Another Script; it's the core of GUI. GUI is just a fancy cover of pre-made functions for those who don't know Jass.

skills with triggers only

As opposed to what?

Does that mean you guys can't use units? Or effects? Or tooltips? :emote_huh:

Level 7
Because I didn't know anything about programing and too lazy to learn GUI and JASS, making skills with Triggers only not that bad.. Just there's some leaks and if it finished and some1 wanna put it on a map he just must fix those leaks..

Anyway guys, doesn't you have Idea for a skill to be the challenge?? You can also put skills for your map that don't finished and we will finish it as soon as possible..

Kixer you right, we wait until there's 5 skill request and make it in 1 map:emote_grin:

Level 9
Conditions:

ok will accept your challenge under these conditions :
1.The winner of the challenge will be decided via public vote.
2. Spells are judged according to leaknessless, eye-candy, lag ect.
3. We must both enter a pack of 5 spells.
4. 3 weeks Time Limit
5. We are both allowed to use all the skills we have to make it a fair challenge (eg codeing ect)
If you agree the challenge begins on the 19th.

Level 9
If only

If only it was that simple... But how could i use functions, returns, ext! :sad:

Level 40
functions -- new triggers, pass the stuff with BJ globals

returns -- BJ globals again.

Example:

• Some Trigger
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • Custom Script - set bj_forLoopAIndexEnd = 5 * (bj_forLoopAIndex + 3)
  • Main
  • Events
  • Something happens
  • Conditions
  • Something is something to Something
  • Actions
  • Custom Script - set bj_forLoopAIndex = 5
  • Custom Script - call Trigger_Some_Trigger_Actions()
  • Custom Script - call SomeFunctionThatTakesAnInteger( bj_forLoopAIndexEnd )
K, it's a bad example, but I hope you get the point ><

EDIT: Kix -- since the forum is closed, I sent you a PM as to how to do advanced stuff in GUI, I was curious to see if it worked and it does :D (PMed cause this forum is closed)

Last edited:
Level 9
I was talking about the more advanced functions...
For instance timer functions, locals, the return bug, ect?
I mean how can you recreate the return bug functions or similar processing returns in GUI?
If Cool want to be better than me then he has to beat everything iv got at my disposal?

Status
Not open for further replies.