• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I can't open my maps in Wc3 Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Are you sure they are your maps? It sounds like you are trying to open protected maps.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Maps are never protected, only damaged enough that WorldEdit cannot open them but WarCraft III can. The process is usually uni-directional, once done it is impossible to restore the map so WorldEdit can open it like before. Data such as comments, GUI triggers, listfile are all lost.

Level 2
Maps are never protected, only damaged enough that WorldEdit cannot open them but WarCraft III can. The process is usually uni-directional, once done it is impossible to restore the map so WorldEdit can open it like before. Data such as comments, GUI triggers, listfile are all lost.

Yeah I noticed that, there were no triggers but they were still working somehow. Everything else, however, was still there.

Level 7
Yeah I noticed that, there were no triggers but they were still working somehow. Everything else, however, was still there.

Even the placed units? Be lucky.. one map crashed for me and didn't saved right.
After loading I only had jass triggers (listed under the map name) and all placed units were removed (and replaced with jass functions on map init...)

Status
Not open for further replies.