• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello.
When I tried to open some maps it gave me an error:

This application has encountered a critical error:
Not enough storage is available to process this command.
Program: e:\warcraft 3 froze throne\warcraft.iii.frozen,throne\worldedit.exe
Object WERandomGroupSet (.?AUWERandomGroupSet@@)

Press Ok to terminate the application.

And when I press OK,World Editor will be close.
Please tell me what should I do to open these maps?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If the maps were made by you then somehow they have become corrupted and I recommend restoring from backups.

If the maps were not made by you then they may have been purposely corrupted to stop WorldEdit from opening them. You can still use third party MPQ editors such as MPQEdit to open them and extract or even modify files within them. WordEdit will crash if it fails to find expected WorldEdit only data or if data has been corrupted in obscure ways.

Level 4
If the maps were made by you then somehow they have become corrupted and I recommend restoring from backups.

If the maps were not made by you then they may have been purposely corrupted to stop WorldEdit from opening them. You can still use third party MPQ editors such as MPQEdit to open them and extract or even modify files within them. WordEdit will crash if it fails to find expected WorldEdit only data or if data has been corrupted in obscure ways.
Excuse me.I have 3 question from you.
1.Is there now way to open corrupted maps?
2.How can purposely corrupt a map to stop world editor?
3.with wich tool I can extract models or anything from these corrupted maps?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1.Is there now way to open corrupted maps?
Not in WorldEdit. However you can use third party MPQ editors like MPQEdit to access the files which make up the map. These can then be viewed or modified using other third party tools or programmatically.

2.How can purposely corrupt a map to stop world editor?
WorldEdit is not very robust. Simply deleting the GUI trigger data file is enough to cause it to crash. More obscure ways would be deleting or corrupting other files which only WorldEdit parses. Converting object data to slk might also cause it to crash.

3.with wich tool I can extract models or anything from these corrupted maps?
MPQEdit can be used to explore the map MPQ archive file system. If the archive list file of the map has been deleted you might need to find the specific model file paths by looking up the trigger script file or object data files. MPQ archives resolve files using a hashtable lookup operation, hence the list file containing all valid file paths is optional. This means that technically MPQ archives do not always support file exploration operations like standard file systems. Since the game looks for files at well know paths, some files such as object data or trigger script can always be found, it is only models and textures which can be difficult to find because they may only be referenced inside other files and have any file path.

Be aware that map authors might purposely corrupt their maps in an attempt to prevent people from modifying or accessing the content within the map. It is normally best if you ask the map author directly for what you need rather than trying to bypass his "protection" attempts.

Level 4
Not in WorldEdit. However you can use third party MPQ editors like MPQEdit to access the files which make up the map. These can then be viewed or modified using other third party tools or programmatically.
When I open a corrupted map with MPQ editor,all of the models are unknown.
5.png
What should I do?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What should I do?
Find the model paths by looking at the JASS trigger script file and object data files. Texture paths can be found inside the models. Know the path strings and you know the correct files.

How can delete this GUI trigger data file to corrupt the map?
World Editor is not very robust. It crashes if the file is missing as it expects there to always be a GUI trigger data file. Warcraft III does not need a GUI trigger data file as it only parses the JASS trigger script file produced from GUI triggers.

But where can I find it to delete it?
Using MPQEdit. You know the file name/path so you can know which file to delete from the archive. Tools like Vexorian's optimizer can do this as well, however they might have compatibility problems with Warcraft III version 1.28 and later.

Status
Not open for further replies.