• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I can't find the correct path!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem, I have begun skinning a sorceress, found the skin file in the mpq under the path:"units\human\sorceress\sorceress.blp"
But when I was goin to check my changes and put it into a map, set the path to the one above and restarted WE and all the stuff, and tested the sorceress, no changes!! It was the normal sorceress... :cry:

Level 5
You don't have to exit WE. All you do is import the Skin and change the path. you then test the Map and see if it work's in the game. It might not come up in WE at all.

Level 12
lol, n00bs...

there are two sorceres models in warcraft, the one from roc and the new bloodelf. the path you discibed is correct for the roc sorc. you can give that model to a unit by selecting it in the model files - extra versions, tag roc on and you can place it.

the path for the bloodsorc, wich is the tft one, is:
units\Human\Sorceress\BloodElfSorceress.blp

Status
Not open for further replies.