• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I break the limit of tiles. BUT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I finally break the limit of 16 tiles. (used Terrain.slk, WorldEditGameString and WorldEditData)

zCXIk3d.png
[/url][/IMG]

i6MUcv9.png
[/url][/IMG]

But when I used 17th tile, Its turn to the first tile of set arrangement.:goblin_cry:

is there no way to have more than just 16 tiles in a set?

Level 23
there is none, because even if you could(as you did) force the editor to have more than 16 tiles, it will still be limited by the way .w3m/x works. You only have 4 bits to store the terrain type on, so you can only ever have 2^4 = 16 different tiles on the map at any given time. You will have to use ubersplats/images if you want to use different tiles.

Level 3
Are these tiles always have 4 bits and can't change it?

I mean, if this '4 bits' are not eigen value(characteristic value), then can we just change it?(like 6, 2^6 = 64)

And I uploaded this Question to the other forum, and somebody says:

"If you can use Hex Editor(or Viewer, whatever), try to open and change the code in w3e file. w3e file is one's destination of all terrain(tiles) data."

Level 23
w3e stores data of where which terrain tileset is used in the world, but the terrain tiles are stored elsewhere, and you cant change that, because the game has been coded that way, and mpq archive has been engineered that way too(it would be expandable), so you would have to recode the game

Status
Not open for further replies.