• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I am going to recreate Final Fantasy 1. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Yesterday I came across the Black Mage model by Ampharos_222.

Looking at it inspired a terrible vision within my mind, and it has grown and grown and filled me with such wonder that it must be manifest.

I intend to create Final Fantasy 1, warcraft style.

I've got pages of notes on the idea, but at this point, ideas is all that it is. There are many issues and concepts to work out, so I wanted to come to you, the wonderful Hive Community, and see what you thought.

First of all, because anybody who has ever played Final Fantasy is probably already wondering how the heck I'm going to handle spells, this is actually one of the few things I have pretty solidly figured out.
Spells will be divided into 4 levels instead of 8. Mages will have buttons that open up a spellbook menu containing their spells. Players will buy upgrades in town which make those spells active. Level 1 spells will cost 1 mana, level 2 spells will cost 2 mana, and so on. The rest is just balancing the level of mana available to the mage classes. Also building the spells. Not every FF1 spell will be included, and there will be skills and magic represented from later final fantasy games, simply because otherwise it would be nearly impossible to make it cohesive.

I have several options though. That's what I want help deciding.

Should I try to recreate every single item and build a complex equipment system?
Should I have respawning mobs, or have random encounters that warp players into a fighting area?
Should I have active battles, or build some sort of a turn-based system?

Status
Not open for further replies.