• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hunted Deamon: WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is another skin im working on, if you cant tell what it is, i skined the deamon hunter into the hunted deamon ....Pleas give he tips on what i need to improve. I suck at shadeing, and suck at details, but its only my second.

Attachments

• d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 161
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 3,415
  • d3.jpg
    d3.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 102
  • d4.jpg
    d4.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 97
  • d5.jpg
    d5.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Hunteddeamon1.jpg
    Hunteddeamon1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 3,341
The eyes intersect, it looks like somebody has stretched his eyes and clamped them to his nose, kind of without the clamp.
Ok, ill fix that. Some ome else complained about it too.
Try to alpha the demon head on his weapons, the square just makes it look plain weird.
Yeah, I know....My program sucks, dosnt let me alpha....Course I got ai differnt program that can, so ill fix it when I can.
Also, it looks nothing like a demon, more like fire of sorts...
I igree, what do think would help that? What do you think would male it more "deamon like"?
No offense but it sucks. It's like you didn't even try to do a skin that would fit in warcraft
How helpfull. You just gave a detailed descption of how to improve it. I igree it sucks, but when I tried it, it fit OK with warcraft. Its only my second skin, and if you could HELP me make it better, I would love that...Saying it sucks is just stateing the obviouse, and not helping.

This is another skin im working on, if you cant tell what it is, i skined the deamon hunter into the hunted deamon ....Pleas give he tips on what i need to improve. I suck at shadeing, and suck at details, but its only my second.

That would, make it batter youre right. can you give me some tips on shadeing, and possibley link to a tuturial about it?

Level 45
You don't need any other tool than the brush for shading... Just paint your base colour (I usually cover the entire surface with a dark tone of the colour, except eyes, nose, mouth etc. so it wraps correctly, and then go to lighter tones... but that's up to you really)... So, set the opacity lower than 100%, because it works best with low opacities giving your skin a smooth look... And continue until
you are satisfied :) Hope that helped, and don't forget: NEVER use Dodge and/or Burn, nor Smudge... I've seen texture artists that can use it, but I doubt you can control it in such a way like them... oh and visit Wc3campaigns.net for more skinning tutorials

You don't need any other tool than the brush for shading... Just paint your base colour (I usually cover the entire surface with a dark tone of the colour, except eyes, nose, mouth etc. so it wraps correctly, and then go to lighter tones... but that's up to you really)... So, set the opacity lower than 100%, because it works best with low opacities giving your skin a smooth look... And continue until
you are satisfied :) Hope that helped, and don't forget: NEVER use Dodge and/or Burn, nor Smudge... I've seen texture artists that can use it, but I doubt you can control it in such a way like them... oh and visit Wc3campaigns.net for more skinning tutorials
Nuff said.¬¬

Level 18
Yea you really have no shading at all on this skin
The chest is just a blob of color and the face has no real definition
The pants look like they took about 5 minutes to do with Paint
The hair is done in a similar fashion it seems
Make more shading, add more details, and make things actually look like what they're supposed to represent
Hair should look like hair, not scribbles

How do you suggest I do it then? Pluse, I know HOW to do shadeing, I just cant get it to make him look relistic...And each time I add details, I screw up the shading....Maybe i Should switch from jpg to tga.....@ The_end: I know i suck. I know im a loser.....i KNOW that would make this skin better...all this time i have been working on it, but it keeps turning out horrible, so im not posting them....

W00t!!

After looking at other skins I got what you all ment. I have redone him many times, most of them to worth posting, but at last!!

How can you become better if you can't take suggestions from other people?
I read you post again. I hant read it right befor. You didnt GIVE advise, And yes i was taking theres, I just wasnt posting my wips, And i didnt understand them.

Attachments

• w00t2.jpg
    w00t2.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 3,367
  • w00t3.jpg
    w00t3.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 85
  • w00t4.jpg
    w00t4.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 66
  • w00t.jpg
    w00t.jpg