1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

HumanUI04.blp

Submitted by I_H8_U_M8
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Based on StarCrafts User Interface. A futuristic metal textured user interface.

Keywords:
Grey, grey, Black, black, Metal, metal, Zombie, zombie, First, first, Person, person, Shooter, shooter, Star, star, Craft, craft.
Contents

UI\Console\Human\HumanUITile04.blp (Texture)

Reviews
13:24, 8th Dec 2009 67chrome: 13:13, 8th Dec 2009 I don't care so much that this uses cnp, but sense it does it should look totally awesome. The tubes around the day/night cycle seem to end abruptly at the sides rather than smoothly curving in the...
  1. 13:24, 8th Dec 2009
    67chrome: 13:13, 8th Dec 2009
    I don't care so much that this uses cnp, but sense it does it should look totally awesome. The tubes around the day/night cycle seem to end abruptly at the sides rather than smoothly curving in the edges of their border. THis looks really weird, especially were it collides with the gold coin.

The portrait window seems to have no inner-border, no highlights/shading to indicate the edges, and the strangle 45 degree curves at the top two corners of the window do not match up with the texture behind them at all. THe sheets of metal are just arbitrarily sculpted into the window shape for no reason. Fix this, make the portrait window look like it is supposed to be there, add shading and highlights to the border, add some sort of border period. The diagonal corner's don't match up with the window at all either, work with the alpha channels to make it actually match the metal plates.

Same problem with the inner-border of the portrait window applies to the attribute window and the icon window as well, there is no attempt to blend them with the attributes and icons as well.

There is a very noticeable highlight in the middle of the icon windows as well, it is an eyesore that does not fit with the rest of the interface.

The bottom line with this interface is that it is using a nice texture, but it is not incorporated with the interface at all.

2. I_H8_U_M8

I_H8_U_M8

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now that I have finished, I thought I would share how this UI was made. I already got some comments from others beliving that this is Cnp. They are correct. I thought it would be fun to make a UI from 1 picture and 1 picture only, I am going to do this again, but anyways... I made this whole UI from this picture that can be viewed from Here With it I succesfully made a UI. :p I thought I would share it with everyone because of how well it turned out. If anyone would like, send me a pm for giving me a link for a picture to make a UI from it :p and when I get time, Ill work on one on the sent images.

Ohh and also, If this gets approved, because its works; I will put it in a pack with screen shot.

3. Avex

Avex

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Holy Shit, you used that picture? I can hardly find out where you used what.

4. TheHunterKiller

TheHunterKiller

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow. Really nice.

5. Leeroy

Leeroy

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    This guy seems okay. Thumb up from me.

6. erikzul

erikzul

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice UI. Would be even nicer if you made more. Just keep it unique.

7. I_H8_U_M8

I_H8_U_M8

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes. and the picture is by blizzard so its a win win :p

8. Dentothor

Dentothor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have to admit. it looks very nice. but the fact that its a CnP might not be in favor of the mods. try doing your own work. CnP is just kinda lazy...

9. I_H8_U_M8

I_H8_U_M8

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, but It was fitting sooo perfectly with the 2nd person shooter I was making, besides which, everyone will see it sooner or later. If it gets rejected, Im not going to post it again when I submit my map. (which will be like 2-3 weeks from now)

10. Dentothor

Dentothor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    if its for your map and it violates the rules of the site, then keep it for your map. and dont share it here.

thank you.

11. Cavman

Cavman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I don't care if this is C'n'P. It's awesome. Feels more Fallout than Starcraft, but still very very cool.

12. I_H8_U_M8

I_H8_U_M8

Resources:
    Resources:
    I changed the view picture to what it looks like in game. fyi. because I think i need a screenshot too lol...
    I guess it's proff it works.

13. L_Lawliet

L_Lawliet

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    great dude..^^don't mind if i use it??:)

14. Crazed_seal2

Crazed_seal2

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Dude, This is awesome. Anyway, CnP can be hard, cuz ya gotta know where to put it otherwise it recks the entire thing. So ya tHuMbS uP :thumbs_up:

15. Zeatherann

Zeatherann

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    AWsome, i now got the whole thing! 5/5 +rep:)

16. X-OMG-X

X-OMG-X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thats the point of THW..

17. HydraRancher

HydraRancher

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    Theres a bit of transparent texture there for me, fix please. :cry:
    3/5 until improved.

18. CloudMax

CloudMax

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can simply open the blp file and add some black on that part? oO
    It will take you a maximum of 2 minutes while it would take a long time for the creator to see your message, get the file, add the black, re-upload the file, and give it to you.
    Sure, he should fix that so others wont get the same problem, but you can just fix it for yourself, huh? :p

19. I_H8_U_M8

I_H8_U_M8

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ohh crap lol Thanks :S