• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Human Doppelsoldner

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
The basic model is the Arthas and evil Arthas' Anim.
There are several problems that I don't know how to deal with:
1. I don't know how to delete the redundant Anims, so I just remove those names to empty.
2. Blizzard didn't give Arthas bone... so there's no bone after his death, and I don't know how to combine other unit's bone to this model. (It will remain a lying corpse until it disappears)
3. There's no sound when this unit die, I don't know where to put the death voice in.
If anyone can fix those problems above, please and welcome!
Thank you so much, enjoy!!!
Contents

Human Doppelsoldner (Model)

Attachments

• DoppelsoldnerFixed.mdx
    2.9 MB · Views: 225
a mighty fine soldier here lol wheels started turning when i saw this
i imagine you are using reteras model studio so in script tabs there is edit/delete model components, you can go there and in animation tab uncheck the box import this sequence on all the animations you dont want for future references
mr ogre man has fixed it already, how did you do it?
i havent had to add it to anything yet, but i would think could just open a footman and delete everything but the skeleton and organs geo and save it and import that to your model using geos leaving all animation but the decay, you want to import that, or maybe even time scale into pre-existing and choose dissipate, import motion from bones, and leave all object data(however the death sound you can probably get from there as one of the EventObjects you will want to import starting with SND for sound then i dont know what it would say after SND there really but yea) that would be my guess there, lol correct me if im wrong there mr ogre man :)

a mighty fine soldier here lol wheels started turning when i saw this
i imagine you are using reteras model studio so in script tabs there is edit/delete model components, you can go there and in animation tab uncheck the box import this sequence on all the animations you dont want for future references
mr ogre man has fixed it already, how did you do it?
i havent had to add it to anything yet, but i would think could just open a footman and delete everything but the skeleton and organs geo and save it and import that to your model using geos leaving all animation but the decay, you want to import that, or maybe even time scale into pre-existing and choose dissipate, import motion from bones, and leave all object data(however the death sound you can probably get from there as one of the EventObjects you will want to import starting with SND for sound then i dont know what it would say after SND there really but yea) that would be my guess there, lol correct me if im wrong there mr ogre man :)

I deleted the animations using RMS import assets,yeah.
To add the skeleton, I copied the skeleton bones from the footman, reshaped them, and reassigned the vertices to the bones of the unit (not that hard since you don't need to be extremely precise with them, as long as they are vaguely the shape). I then added 2 custom animations, copying the last frame of death animation and setting them to not loop.
I then edited the .mdl, added the start and end of every animation and added a 1 afterwards to make them visible or 0 to make them invisible. I added some visibility degradation to the decay flesh (adding decimals to the 0).
For the death sound, I copied the captain's death sound and pasted it on the model. Then, I edited the .mdl so the sound works in a frame in the death animation (ctrl-f in the notepad, search for SNDwhatever and set the number of the frame).

I deleted the animations using RMS import assets,yeah.
To add the skeleton, I copied the skeleton bones from the footman, reshaped them, and reassigned the vertices to the bones of the unit (not that hard since you don't need to be extremely precise with them, as long as they are vaguely the shape). I then added 2 custom animations, copying the last frame of death animation and setting them to not loop.
I then edited the .mdl, added the start and end of every animation and added a 1 afterwards to make them visible or 0 to make them invisible. I added some visibility degradation to the decay flesh (adding decimals to the 0).
For the death sound, I copied the captain's death sound and pasted it on the model. Then, I edited the .mdl so the sound works in a frame in the death animation (ctrl-f in the notepad, search for SNDwhatever and set the number of the frame).

ah ok, i need look more into that, you are using another program too? i had a feeling i may need something else other than just rms, might be my solution to demon hunter morph ive been trying to figure out lol

Level 36
This big boy need his own portrait. He is amazing but he look strange without a proper portrait. Can you add one please as a update?
For the icon I gues best 1 remains the default footman?
His uses arthas face from what I've seen with the footman helmet on nice touch :thumbs_up:
WC3ScrnShot_021722_110928_001.png

Last edited:
hi. im going to use this man on a map im making. so i'll make and upload an icon for him weil im at it.... couse really, he need his own icon....

Edit: for any who want said icon i would make..... here it is.

Last edited: