• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Human AI fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Me and my friend tend to mess around vs bots on melee maps and there's a major bug regarding humans: if they expand and didn't already upgrade/started to upgrade their town hall into keep, they stuck with researches and limited to 49 food. So far the best solution I found is a requirement for Town Hall to have a Keep, which solved the problem, but not the best solution for obvious reasons.

I don't know how to tinker with the AI itself and I don't know how to fix the problem without giving the human race a major disadvantage.

Level 12
I don't think you'd be able to get that fixed on standard melee maps because, well, they won't be standard melee maps anymore...

Basically, you'd just have to change the build order of the AI.
As simple as it sounds, it may actually not solve the problem, you may have to actually learn some JASS... :|

You could take a look in the tutorial section, plenty of AI tutorials, most probably one of them would answer your question.

regards
-Ned

Level 5
It doesn't have to be strictly melee map as long as melee functions work. All it would need is the AI either upgrade its Town Hall before expansion or be capable of doing so after. I tried to fix it via trigger, but I don't know how to give such order. JASS seems extremely complicated compared to the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.