• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] AI Not Starting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello,

I am trying to initiate an AI for my custom races, but when I use the "start melee AI" trigger for my custom AI, nothing happens.

The current setup of my map is the following: each player starts with 1 Town Hall and 5 "Homo Sapiens" units. In the player's Town Hall, he can choose between two researches, "Develop German Civilization" and "Develop Egyptian Civilization". When either of those researches is done by a human player, a trigger makes the town hall of all AI players randomly research one of the two.

Upon the research of either of those options, the "Homo Sapiens" units of the player become, depending on the civilization chosen, "Villager" units or "Villager (Egyptian)" units. If the player is computer-controlled, the proper AI is started through a trigger. My custom AI's building order for the Egyptians, for instance, has the following build priority: Town Hall, 5 Villager (Egyptian) units and finally a Barracks. However, it does nothing - it does not build the barracks.

It would be great if someone has any suggestions in regards to what may be causing this.

Level 5
I am really no expert, but whenever I tried to use the AI editor, it sometimes worked perfectly in one map and then when I used the same AI script on another map using the same conditions and everything, it just didn't work. I consider it to be very unreliable (but that's maybe cause I don't know how to use it properly). I use the trigger editor nowadays for ai.

Level 29
There are reasons for that:
- Start Melee AI or Start Campaign AI must be created first via AI Editor.
- You need to import custom object datas from AI editor (if you have).
- Priorities is a MUST, maybe you will build xxx first before the barracks.
- You need to import the *wai file from import manager.
- Needs enough resources.

If you did all of the above, it should work, else you did something wrong...

Level 3
I am really no expert, but whenever I tried to use the AI editor, it sometimes worked perfectly in one map and then when I used the same AI script on another map using the same conditions and everything, it just didn't work. I consider it to be very unreliable (but that's maybe cause I don't know how to use it properly). I use the trigger editor nowadays for ai.

My original idea was to use triggers for the AI, but the "Issue Build Order" command requires that I specify a location for the barracks to be built on, which complicates things.

There are reasons for that:
- Start Melee AI or Start Campaign AI must be created first via AI Editor.
- You need to import custom object datas from AI editor (if you have).
- Priorities is a MUST, maybe you will build xxx first before the barracks.
- You need to import the *wai file from import manager.
- Needs enough resources.

If you did all of the above, it should work, else you did something wrong...

In regards to those points:

* I have created my AI through the AI Editor, yes.
* I exported my map's object data and imported it into the AI Editor while creating my AI.
* The only priorities before the barracks are things that the civilization already starts with, a Town Hall and Villagers.
* I did imported the *.wai file from the import manager, through the "Add to Map" option in the AI editor.
* I tried giving the AI 100000 Gold and Lumber, but that didn't solve the issue.

So, I imagine I have done the things which you mentioned correctly. Perhaps it could be something else? Could it be that the AI can only be properly started by a trigger in the map initialization, but not afterwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.