• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Huge lag problem, Build Your Own Maze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey, I'm the creator of Build Your Own Maze. My map has a problem, that I've been dying to fix but I can't. It just lags, a lot. There are no memory leaks. I used Leak Checker by Im_On_56k so I'm sure, besides, after I leave I don't stare at a blank screen for very long. But in game, I don't know if it's just because there's too much stuff going on, the animations are too laggy, explosions, or what. I put strict limits on most buildable objects, but I still get a low fps. I'm uploading the latest version 2.04 into the maps section, if anyone thinks they can help, go ahead and download it and I don't care if you test it on B.net or what just figure out why it lags with 3 or more players. Maybe it's something obvious, maybe not, but I'm getting desperate. If you can help me I'll add your name to the game start message and quest log. Thanks.

Level 8
Slide
1 Events:
2 Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
3 Conditions
4 Actions:
5 Set tempGroup = (Units of type Runner)
6 Unitgroup - Pick every unit in tempGroup and do (Actions)
7 Schleifen - Aktionen
8 Set tempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
9 If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
10 'IF'-Bedingungen
11 (Terrain type at tempPoint) Gleich Northrend - Eis
12 'THEN'-Aktionen
13 Set tempPoint1 = (tempPoint offset by 4.00 towards (Facing of 14(Picked unit)) degrees)
15 Einheit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to tempPoint1
15 Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempPoint1)
16 'ELSE'-Aktionen
17 Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempPoint)
18 Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_tempGroup)

U forgot to set the custom script in line 17
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempPoint1)
you currently have Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempPoint)

But you have remove temPoint1 too

Thought that was the reason for lagg :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.