1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

HU Jeep

This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
This is not MY model. It's author asked me to upload it on hiveworkshop when met me in battle.net. He has problems with this site and can't log in, that's why i helped him with his model. Original author is FrenchPLD65 (his nick in battle.net).
Here is his description:
"Steam-Punk style human jeep. Little changed textures from steam tank, added glass. Model has game camera. Supposed to be used as a dood or cinematic unit."

>>> My hints: <<<
For NEWBIES: You can make death animation by your self. Use Trigger that will remove dying unit from the game and create special effect on position of dying unit when unit of this type dies. Works perfectly and looks great. I use custom explosion animation, uploaded from this great site.

I made multiple skins for this car those i will place in skins directory. Please, check them.

Paths for this one are:
hu-jeep.blp
hu-jeep.mdx
(Just remove war3mapImported/ part)

Please, don't leave comments like "it doesn't have death animation". FrenchPLD65 decided that this is first of all "dood unit" for cinematic and it doesn't need animation. I think that even a newbie can make it by himself if he needs death animation, because it's very easy... by the way, i am not original author of this. Hovewer i made some skins for it and i want this to be used.

Keywords:
Car , Jeep , Steam , Punk , Human
Contents

HU Jeep (Model)

Reviews
23:19, 21st Mar 2009 shamanyouranus: Useless custom texture, no animations, looks like crap. And its not even yours. Rejected.
  1. 23:19, 21st Mar 2009
    shamanyouranus: Useless custom texture, no animations, looks like crap. And its not even yours. Rejected.

2. Alex-Knight Mapmaker

Alex-Knight Mapmaker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  3. somecrazyhobo

somecrazyhobo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can someone please pm me the trigger to make death animation??

i suck with triggers :(

4. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    congrats on a scratch-made jeep but it rly has flaws. i'll point them so you can fix that.

1: make texture two-sided in your material
    2: try to put the model on an existing steamtank so you can get some animations
    3: add a death sound...

suggestion: completly rework it?

and dude 8) the model itself should have the death animation in the first place.
    you DON'T need death anim done with triggers

5. Alex-Knight Mapmaker

Alex-Knight Mapmaker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    the main problem is that this model is not mine. I don't know how to make models, dont have any programms... i gonna send this link to it's author. Maybe he will fix that.... Second, i don't see any problem on triggering death. First of all, triggered death looks much better then standart one if you use custom explosions and custom sounds. That's my opinion only and i have to say that usually some models have so "sucky" animation, that you have to make trigger anyway to remove that model before it shows it's ulgy animation and make you own custom effects and sounds.

------ What happenz:
    Unit dies
    ------ Conditions:
    Unit type of dying unit is <you pick unit type>
    ------ Actions:
    Unit - Remove dying unit from the game
    Create special effect on Position of Dying unit
    Destroy last created special effect

6. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    not yours? then you have no permition to put this here, go ask the model creator for permition ASAP

7. DonDustin

DonDustin

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1. this model really needs animations to be aproved because who would use this just as a doodad??
    2. the need of a custom texture is just retarded, also because you just CNPed different parts of the steam tank model..........
    3. make your material 2-sided
    4. try to search for a better texture for the wheels or at least improve the wrap

8. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    For those bitching about the model not being his, in the creator's place I wouldn't mind for such a crappy model.

9. Alex-Knight Mapmaker

Alex-Knight Mapmaker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    the model is not mine, but it's author asked me to put it here. He cannot log in on this site. I don't know why.
    You can speak with him in battle.net, his name is FrenchPLD65, he gonna prove that he gave me permission !

10. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
    pix or didn't happen!!!

11. Kuhneghetz

Kuhneghetz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Hmm, this model looks familiar...

[​IMG]

However, it got rejected due to the lack of animations.

Attached Files:

12. Leeroy

Leeroy

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The wrap looks pretty messy.

13. BlackEnvyX

BlackEnvyX

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources: