• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

+HP and damage solo buff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey brosephs, so in my map I got 4 legendary heroes going through multiple dungeons and 4 players defending it as random mediocre minions. When a boss dies I'd like to give the minions a bonus to their health and damage but I'm scratching my head on what is the best way to do this. I can't give them hero inventory or they'll use the health glyphs and I cant use a universal buff because it will affect the computer controlled creeps/bosses.

I'm currently thinking the best way to do this would be a buff cast on them when they respawn (they ARE technically heroes). But I don't know how to do this or if there is a simpler way I'm all ears. Ideally when a boss dies I'd give the 10 possible minions the 4 defending evil players play +50hp and +10dmg. Any ideas?

Level 24
There is a trigger that allows you to directly add to a units maximum health.
Note: when using this trigger it simply adds to the maximum, it does not increase their "current' health...
If you wish to fully healing them I suggest setting their health percentage to 100% after using this trigger.
upload_2020-2-14_21-28-51.png

As for the damage you can simply give Damage tomes of +10 attack, for the units that don't have hero inventories, simply give the a hero inventory, followed by the tomes, and then remove the inventory afterwards.

Edit: I'm still thinking in work arounds thanks to blizzards brilliance, in the very screenshot I posted you can set the base damage...
Be warned, 1 is actually the secondary attack and 0 is the primary...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.