• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How would you destroy a variable with an array of an integer variable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How would you destroy a variable with an array of an integer variable?

For example:
Set IntegerX = Random number between 1-10
Set Point[IntegerX] = Position of Triggering unit
Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point[IntegerX])

Unfortunetely that doesn't work =/

Level 4
In the example, I don't understand why you would save a point as a random integer in an array.

If it is temporary, then it wont matter if you use a random number in your point variable (like a Temp_Point).

If it is not temporary you run the risk of saving over a previous point with the same random number, which may cause problems...

Ultimately its very hard to understand what you are doing here, so more information would be helpful.

You do have to add the udg_ to the array variable too, but im not sure if you are just leaving it out in your example. So, it would have to be call RemoveLocation(udg_PointVariable[udg_IntegerVariable]).

Again, more information would help us understand the problem better. Perhaps you can paste the triggers here?

Level 2
Unit - A unit Dies

Set Revive_Integer = (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))
Set Revive_Timer[Revive_Integer] = (Last started timer)
Countdown Timer - Start Revive_Timer[Revive_Integer] as a One-shot timer that will expire in 5.00 seconds
Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for Revive_Timer[Revive_Integer] with title Revival
Set Revive_TimerW[Revive_Integer] = (Last created timer window)
Wait 5.00 seconds
Countdown Timer - Destroy Revive_TimerW[Revive_Integer]
Custom script: call DestroyTimer( udg_Revive_Timer[bj_Revive_Integer]) <<< this i can't figure out how to destroy
Set Revive_Point = (Center of Region 001 <gen>)
Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at Revive_Point, Show revival graphics
Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Revive_Point)

I'm trying to make a countdown timer that displays the time left till revive to ONLY the owner of dying unit. I find that if the trigger is triggered twice or more times, it will screw up the timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.