• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how would i do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello.
need help with the map i'm doing right now,
this map got 2 friendly towns with vendors etc in it, so after you kill a certain boss, hostile mobs will spawn in these towns and start killing everything, how would i make a trigger for that?

Level 2
im no pro with triggers but in the small understanding of GUI i have i would say make a trigger that says

If (UNIT) dies DO (action) or something like that

Level 8
well you can do like this:

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - boss <gen> Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Killing unit) Equal to your hero
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 5 Rogue for Neutral Hostile at (Center of (your regions)) facing Default building facing degrees
the killing youl have to figure out your self.:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 4
Hmm...if your boss is spawned later and doesn't exist already in the map, you need a different event/condition.
  • Events:
  • A Unit Dies
  • Conditions:
  • Dying Unit equal to [I]boss[/I]
  • Actions:
  • --- etc. ---

Level 11
Hmm...if your boss is spawned later and doesn't exist already in the map, you need a different event/condition.
The trigger is correct, but not after this statement.
If the boss is placed in the WE, you can pick it as a "preset" unit in the trigger's condition. That's what NiKaNoRoU_GR's trigger does.
But if the boss is created in-game, it won't have a generated variable, so you have to make a unit-type check as a condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.