• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to use trackables like in Anachron's custom inventory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
okey this will be probably for that system you linked:

you dont have to do anything with the trackables. If you go to object editor you will see Custom objectives. Now you have to take look on Clarity Potion, Clawns of attack( probably the author miswritten xD ) etc. Create new destructables based on those, just do a minor change: Art - Replaceable Texure File - Change to your button!

Note: Dont forget Destructable ID

If you have done now comes vJass. Without reading apies you will probably not able to use it. Open Trigger Editor!
Go to Testing directory -> Items trigger. I'll do a shortcut now: For your items icon do:
JASS:
//Prew Actions
set ci.dest = 'your' // Between the 's is the destructable ID I said to  not forget. That destructable contains the texture, and needs here to  use
//Following actions
That you want if you do custom way:
Have a trackable model that is completely invisible square. Trackables must be set up at every place. Like a mosaic :) Add triggers, I wont make them for you... :p
Have a square model that is replaceable texture
The method is the same: Create destructables, set replaceable texture

So when the unit picks up the item create a destructable( ofc to that position which is good for your UI ) with the correct ID, and when drops item destroy it. Thats how that system works.

Not the easiest tutorial but probably theres no one... ^^

Level 16
Yeah, sadly there's no tutorial about custom full-screen things with trackables.
But your "tutorial" is fair enough IMO. My map uses the same method (however it's hero selection not inventory - but I'm planning a custom full-screen equipment system in the future)

Level 11
Look at the map there are some imports just use them.

Also if you are trying to do it in gui you won't find any functions for trackables anyway, since there are none. Be aware that you can't detect which player clicked/hovered the trackable, without creating a trackable for each player.

Status
Not open for further replies.