• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Transfering Large Inventory System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Here's something you should know about inventory system importing:

-Copy everything in that map that is related to the system (imports, object editor data, triggers, codes, regions, cameras, everything) then put them in your map, make sure everything is pasted and imported correctly, make it sure it fits your map and there you go.

Notice:

That FSI system is very large and very complicated to work with... You would need coding knowledge to implement it fully...

Importing it is the easiest part of using that system...

If ur not experienced with scripts, I really suggest that you stay away from that system for now... Or find someone who will do the job for you...

Okay thanks
BTW i used different and easy system
This http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...1-a-176776/?prev=search=inventory&d=list&r=20

And i transfered everything but this shows up to my screen
attachment.php

Any idea about this? I know its an error ...
NOTE : EVERYTHING"S COPIED EVEN DUMMIES AND UNITS . REGIONS ETC

I think the problem is in variable?

Sorry if i have too many questions , please take your time replying to me. or if you cant , please dont reply , as i said im noob :) Please respect

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 160
Level 20
That's not the dummy unit. The dummy unit is laid face up so we could see it's face from above using the camera.

And the problem you're getting about the invalid objects are probably coming out from the destructibles' importing.

EDIT: If the problem still persists, since I don't have time to import it on your main map maybe I can post a test map where it is imported. Do you want that?

Level 30
Those Invalid Objects might be the custom units, abilities and such in the original map itself. Maybe try copy/pasting them to your map

And additional advice: Sometimes when you copy/paste a trigger or a Code into your map without the following materials, your trigger or code can be altered so it is better to compare your trigger with the original trigger so you can be sure.

Are you sure that you can transfer this system to my map?
I made it already but i deleted again :) LOL

I Will import everything , just fix the trigger."
I even import abilities , items , cameras , triggers , regions, dummies , angeled unit and etc
(Will wait for your reply)

BTW , the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...1-a-176776/?prev=search=inventory&d=list&r=20 dont use any codes , indeed , its a pure trigger so its easy for someone

What's your problem with selection?
Well , the icons dont appear in my screen and the item was unselectable._What's your problem with selection?_What's your problem with selection?( The "empty" icons disappears and didnt overwrite the item being manipulated)

Level 20
Are you sure that you can transfer this system to my map?
I made it already but i deleted again :) LOL

I Will import everything , just fix the trigger."
I even import abilities , items , cameras , triggers , regions, dummies , angeled unit and etc
(Will wait for your reply)

BTW , the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...1-a-176776/?prev=search=inventory&d=list&r=20 dont use any codes , indeed , its a pure trigger so its easy for someone

Actually GUI or codes, right now I can understand them.

Anyways since you have imported it it will take me less time. Send me the map, and I'll see what I can do.

Level 20
Sad i cant give you rep anymore (dont know what the hell popup shows to my screen^^), sorry. Ill just add you a credit when you this for me ^^

Reasonable Explanation:

1.) You have reached your rep limit for the day (you can give 10 reps a day)
2.) You need to spread or give more rep to users before you can rep me again (minimum of 3-5 users of spreading before you can rep me)

Status
Not open for further replies.