• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to set heroe's mana regeneration rate to 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I am not sure if this is done through trigger editor or unit editor but here i go...

I would like to make a heroes mana regeneration rate be set to 0. I went into the unit editor and changed the field "mana regeneration" to 0 but my hero still regenerates slowly. I think this is due to the fact that intellegence gives some mana regeneration. Is there any way i can make intellegence NOT contribute to mana regeneration? If not, is there any other ways i can make a heroes mana regeneration be 0?

EDIT:
Nevermind I figured out how to do this. Click on Advanced-->Gameplay Constants and edit the field "Hero Mana Regen Bonus per Intellegence point" to 0

I have another issue though. I set my Heroes initial and max mana to 100, but when the game is launched he only starts with 45/100 mana? How can i make him start with 100/100 mana?

Level 33
If you do it in Gameplay Constants, it pretty much affects to ALL UNITS in that map
I don't know if all your unit in the map are Heroes that uses this system
I'm pretty sure you can trigger it (this is only for a SPECIFIC UNIT TYPE, meaning if you ONLY want THIS PARTICULAR unit to have 0 Mana Regen)
  • Mana 0
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set CurrentMana = (Integer((Mana of Blood Mage 0000 <gen>)))
      • Unit - Set mana of Blood Mage 0000 <gen> to (Real(CurrentMana))
I used a preset unit, I'm pretty sure you can change it to your needs
A test map attached.

Attachments

• Mana 0.w3x
    12.5 KB · Views: 35
Level 16
Look: If he set the mana maximum to 100 and the initial value to 100 too, why the unit starts with 45/100 then? Where is the logic?

The only thing I thought about, that when he use a hero, the hero has intelligence, which means more mana if he doesn't changed it, so in this case, it would be ok if the initial and the maximal mana are different, but he didn't said something like that, so why is the initial and the maximal different, when he set both to 100?

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

Level 33
Look: If he set the mana maximum to 100 and the initial value to 100 too, why the unit starts with 45/100 then? Where is the logic?

The only thing I thought about, that when he use a hero, the hero has intelligence, which means more mana if he doesn't changed it, so in this case, it would be ok if the initial and the maximal mana are different, but he didn't said something like that, so why is the initial and the maximal different, when he set both to 100?

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

Once I faced this problem too
I create a new test map and it's gone, weird huh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.