• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to round properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I'm working on something that adds +1 to a integer variable every 10 hero levels however after level 10 it just adds +1 anyways, anyone know how to detect every 10 numbers then add +1? Since the numbers go past 10,000 I can't do if checks to see if hero level is 10,20,30,etc.
Use the power of the modulus operator!

Level mod 10 == 0

Every 10 levels it will be true, just what you want. I forget if this was a SC2 or WC3 problem but you might need to loop for each level gained in case the hero gains more than 1 level instantly (large exp source) as otherwise you will potentially miss out levels that meet the condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.