• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to remove limit of units and building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Is there any way to make in world eidtor more buildings than 600? and units more than 1000? Should i use other editor to have no limit of units? pls tell me how to remove limit i must remove it!

Level 16
Not that I'm aware of, however I don't see the need to have over 1000 units on the map. That's too resource intensive. Surely there are units in areas of the map which aren't always being used. Just write triggers to create the units within the area when players enter this area.

When I first started making maps like 12 or so years ago I ran into this problem. I tried making a Diablo 2 game, indivudally placing all units for each of the acts, and I hit the unit limit before I could finish the game. I didn't have the knowledge at the time to simply create the units when player's reach each act.

Maybe its time for you to figure out how to do it properly?

Level 12
Why do you need that many units? I am just curious. WC3 tends to have problems with many units all at once. The most noticeable ones are:
- lag (but you could have a beastly computer).
- pathing stop working - units take turns moving so it starts to get super clunky. As far as I know, this is basically unavoidable, and at 1000+ units, it will definitely happen unless most units are not actually doing anything.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
- pathing stop working - units take turns moving so it starts to get super clunky. As far as I know, this is basically unavoidable, and at 1000+ units, it will definitely happen unless most units are not actually doing anything.
Only if that many units are moving. That is because pathing calculations are staged and not performed on demand. With too many units moving the staged thinking cannot maintain them in continuous motion. The limit is also per player with each player getting a cycle in parallel. As such having 1,200 units split between 12 players allows for continuous movement of all units but having 1,200 units owned by 1 player moving overloads his pathfinder.

Reactions: XMI
Status
Not open for further replies.