• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to raise Cliffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Guys how can i make cliff and big mountain or something i use raise tool but it creates small mountain very small and i cant make it big its stops

Alternate Opening: Guys i just downloaded Jass newgen pack so i need to make something in him or just to open it and i can make my cliffs?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you can't disable the limit for the "raise tool" with the JNGP so you have to edit the Worldedit's files manually :

- Download a MPQ Browser (MPQ Master is easier to use).
- Open War3Patch.mpq and extract the file "UI\MiscData.txt" in your "Warcraft III" directory (I don't remember if you can place it in a sub-directory).
- Open MiscData.txt and edit those lines (use 86 or 90 instead of 50) :
[Terrain]
// terrain parameters

// Maximum slope in degrees, (86+ will disable slope limits)
MaxSlope=50

- (Re)open the WE. The limit should have been disabled now.

The Misc.txt - file
The Misc.txt is a file that allows you to increase the steepness of your hills, to make you able to create custom cliffs, it also allows to enlarge those.
The file is attached to this post or available by a direct download link (Link to download the MiscData) Just create a custom folder in your WarcraftIII folder with the name "UI" and place it into it to make it work, after that, start your World Editor and raise new hills.
from http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...e-terraining-hives-terraining-section-184427/

Edit: Late :)

Level 27
Well, you can take the larger brush for the raise tool. Of course the larger area of terrain will be raised, but you'll be able to use the flaten or whatever it's called tool.

Also, don't forgot Warcraft 3 has some terrain height limitations and that very tall mountains might be uncomftable to play on so you shouldn't make too tall mountains.

Status
Not open for further replies.