• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Can... Cliffs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Can Blizzard cliffs still be used effectively in a map to make it look good?
I mean, real life we also have some similar looking cliffs.

Because my map, Lordaeron Steepe, have its mountains as a series of cliffs, and I know it does not look good.... But I do know there are some ways cliffs can be used effectively, right?

note: I only use default wc3 resources, not custom resources.

Level 14
I think at some cases it can be really usefull but it's hard to combine the Blizz cliffs with the skill raise tool :p

Level 22
the city walls look bad to me. doesnt feel stonish.
i try to limit the use of blizzard cliffs, but raising can be a little time consuming. heres a map that makes good use of cliffs (imo)

Attachments

• Megalith - V1.5.w3x
    1 MB · Views: 62
Level 34
Ahh Megalith, one of the first maps that had inspirational terrain for me. I'll look at it again, but I bet it would be even better without cliffs.

Level 22
yah, i found it while i was playing on Europe. i must say it makes very nice use of fog/doodads/cliffs. the one thing i dont like about the raise tool is that u need to add pathing blockers everywhere, and units get stuck between the top of the cliff and the bottom if u use knockback spells.

Level 34
yah, i found it while i was playing on Europe. i must say it makes very nice use of fog/doodads/cliffs. the one thing i dont like about the raise tool is that u need to add pathing blockers everywhere, and units get stuck between the top of the cliff and the bottom if u use knockback spells.
I've played games that have knockback and blockers. I can think of a way to do it, but it would require a lot of time.

Level 34
Well I'm actually not sure if it would work, and it would take way too long, not worth it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.