• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to play custom campaigns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Currently, Reforged (including Classic 1.32) has no Custom Campaign menu. Your best option right now is loading the .w3n via the World Editor's Campaign Editor. Then load the first map via the Campaign Editor and play it through the Test Map button.

Level 28
Your best option right now is loading the .w3n via the World Editor's Campaign Editor. Then load the first map via the Campaign Editor and play it through the Test Map button.
But do campaign imports work? Afaik, testing a campaign map through the Test Map Button only shows the Map Imports, the campaign imports will show as green boxes in-game.

Level 3
Currently, Reforged (including Classic 1.32) has no Custom Campaign menu. Your best option right now is loading the .w3n via the World Editor's Campaign Editor. Then load the first map via the Campaign Editor and play it through the Test Map button.

It's been years since I touched the editor so I don't remember - do game caches persist between maps when using World Editor to play?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
It's been years since I touched the editor so I don't remember - do game caches persist between maps when using World Editor to play?
I'm not sure, probably yes. Testing is required to be sure.
But do campaign imports work? Afaik, testing a campaign map through the Test Map Button only shows the Map Imports, the campaign imports will show as green boxes in-game.
Yeah, that might be a valid problem if the imports are made via the Campaign Editor's Import Manager instead of each map's/the editor's Import Manager.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Why don't they just list the custom campaigns next to the normal campaigns?! Are there any statements why it is not working or when it will be fixed?
There was a cheap and short reply after people complained about it.
Possibly there was no intent to have the option since StarCraft II doesn't and since Reforged (well earlier than that) moved to CASC, they might have wanted to make a similar Arcade Custom Games platform for Warcraft III as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.