• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to open THIS? Please quick help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is it possible a 900kb file to be resized to 150kb without this affect anything else?

It's some models and i found PLENTY of them at some....Source.
What software can open it? (EDIT: Done)
Is it possible to be converted in mdx?(Edit: Done)
Can it be animated and boned?
(EDIT: NEW ) What the title says and please do it if it's possible :f ( After you convert to mdx ).
Thanks in advance.

Edit:
I can open with 3d's MAX.
But only Dae file. Not mtl.
Also ( since only 3d's MAX opening "Dae" files ) how can i make it from dae to mdx?
Maybe can make it to a format "X" (Example) and from X to make it mdx?

Attachments

• suicune.zip
    52.4 KB · Views: 76
  • heatran.zip
    346.8 KB · Views: 73
  • reshiram.zip
    905 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Level 4

:l
Please read carefully guys before you answer :l
If you do not understand something , ( cause my grammar is not of the best :F) let me know.
.dae and .mtl files does not open.
.dae file ( which is the model it self ) open at 3ds MAX (model software)
I'm asking now WHAT .mtl is and if .dae files can be converted to mdx some how , so i use these models ( after i hire a guy to animate them ) for wc3.
These models ( from people i asked for make them ) would have cost me over 50 $ and they even have other comercial jobs to get done.
Now that i found so many models and only animation and boning is left , i wanna know if it can be converted into mdx and at last USED for wc3 format.
.dae is format as mdx is.
It's current stage is .dae - I want to convert it some how in mdx.
Then i ask someone to tell me how to reduce filesize cause some of the models i need are over 1 mb. (900 kb actually but still compressed)
So there i ask , can it be lowed the size anyhow to EVEN 100-200-300 kb?
If yes and IF YOU CAN'T do it , please tell me how and give me tutorial if there is any.
Thx.

Level 4
ok I've converted the first one but I haven't time for adding the texture but it's simple just use the model editor (materiel and texture manager) for that !!
if you can't I'll do it for you later :) !!

The......FUCK?
You just said that .dae files can be converted into mdx?

eeeen.jpg

Well....
I'll wait for when ever you can add the textures. :p (thx alot).
I wouldn't mind of course to tell me what software you used. >O>
So....
Only thing remains for someone to tell me if filesizes can be lowered to even 100 kb or at LEAST 300kb.
You see...This reshiram and Heatran pokemon are QUITE necessary. :F
Without animations and bones to weight 1 mb is somewhat.....
Please tell me someone that it is possible for the file size to be lowered.
Although can i know (grunt) why from 67kb it gone 32kb? (suicine).
Thanks again.
(I hope there will be someone else to convert the rest too.)
Uploading them and leaving them here so for you people to convert when ever and IF you want. :f
It's 12 + Heatran and Reshiram from my first post , 14.
Ho-oh(1) does not need file resize.
It's already really low.
The rest i'm sure ( 200 kb each ) that it's file resize can be arranged.
The only thing i worry about is Reshiram and Heatran at my first post.
Both are very big files.
(If someone need payment to make them 200 kb (max) pm me :F (only paysafe))

EDIT:
Grunt. If it's a pain in the ass ( Texturing ) forget it.
I have some people to take care of it.
Just please convert them and tell me if Reshiram (900 kb) can be lowered to 100 , 150 or 200. :c

Attachments

• 12 Niggers.zip
    3 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Level 14
first of all it's not .dae format that I converted but .obj and I used milkshape 3d :) and I really don't know how to reduce filesize !!
and I've converted the models of your first post (I had some problems with suicune textures so I have completly rewrapped it so now it have only 1 texture ;) !!)
oh and for the other models sorry but I haven't time :( !!

Attachments

• 3 models.rar
    274.2 KB · Views: 72
Level 4
first of all it's not .dae format that I converted but .obj and I used milkshape 3d :) and I really don't know how to reduce filesize !!
and I've converted the models of your first post (I had some problems with suicune textures so I have completly rewrapped it so now it have only 1 texture ;) !!)
oh and for the other models sorry but I haven't time :( !!
Well thanks.
Hmm....
I do not understand it at all :p
So.... .obj really?
Dunno , with 3ds MAX i could open the .dae file to view the model.
Also WHERE the other files have gone when u converted the .obj to mdx?
Also if that files dissapeared have nothing to do with the quality of model and did not affected the content , then do not even bother to answer.
Just tell me when you can ( as for these that you converted ) if with animation and bone will be ready for sure at wc3 game.

Also , u used 1 texture to wrap suicine? I do not blame you , even for me that i have no idea about these ( since i got more opinions for it :p ) is quite messy and you did well , but i'm worried that it might not look as i firstly seen it.
So my request is to show me a picture wraped if you can.
Else i try ( Since it's mdx ) to open it with editor and see it my self. :p
Oh as about the rest models.
If you willing to convert them ( but you do not have the time ) ( BUT YOU WILLING ( do not do it if you do not want :p)) , know that i am not in any hurry for them AT ALL.
Map that is being prepared will take a lot to be done. ( July +++ ).
If until summer u cannot do it then no problem.
Creator of the pokemon map have at his crew a animator ( + amateur modeler ) who might be able to do what you've done.

Also i'm really worried about if it will be fuctional D:
Since .dae files could open , so i view the model , i thought that these files should be converted.
If after animation and boning work totally perfect , then i shut my mouth and start reading some tutorials to learn further information about file formats.

Thanks again :p
Reshiram and Heatran is awesome models and most important ( that's why i added them in my first post ).
Wish i could add more at your reputation. :/

Level 14
actually your .zip files contain models with different format .obj, .dae, and ...(I've forget the name of the other :p) but it's the same model so if I convert the obj one or the others it's the same thing so the quality isn't affected
and you said "WHERE the other files have gone" I've only let the files that you need for wc3 (I mean the converted models "mdx" and the textures "blp")
and for suicine I know I'm really bad in wrapping but the textures that you gived me were having format that can't be converted to blp (I mean not 512*512 or 256*256....)
for the models of the 2.96MB zip I think that I'll find the time until july :p so be patient but if someone else can do it for you befor me that would be good !!

ps: I'm really sorry for my horrible english :( !!

Level 4
actually your .zip files contain models with different format .obj, .dae, and ...(I've forget the name of the other :p) but it's the same model so if I convert the obj one or the others it's the same thing so the quality isn't affected
and you said "WHERE the other files have gone" I've only let the files that you need for wc3 (I mean the converted models "mdx" and the textures "blp")
and for suicine I know I'm really bad in wrapping but the textures that you gived me were having format that can't be converted to blp (I mean not 512*512 or 256*256....)
for the models of the 2.96MB zip I think that I'll find the time until july :p so be patient but if someone else can do it for you befor me that would be good !!

ps: I'm really sorry for my horrible english :( !!
No problem.
So far i can understand you , your english ain't bad to me. :p
WHY THE HELL SHOULD WE ALL TALK LIKE OBAMA? :p (joke)
The important is that i understood what happened and that you helped a lot.
:p
So obj is the same as .dae and obj was the one that should be converted to mdx and is quite the same without the quality being affected. Cool :p
So....
Wrapping isn't something to worry about.We need just to find the right colors.
(The very right colors) and i tell a guy to wrap it according to the images that i'll bring to who ever accept the request for the wraping.
The important is that we have a model ( Even without textures which is the easy part ) , a very good model actually , converted in wc3 format :p
Models also that people would have ask me 50$ to make.
( IF you saw.... verticles and stuff of reshiram and heatran (omg..:D)).
Nobody here would ever bother to make models like Reshiram or heatran.
Not even the simplier ones.
So...Thanks again and i wanted to tell you that i couldn't open the mdx with ms3d because IT DOESN'T read it.
Also 3ds MAX does not accept mdx file to open it.So i can't view it at all.
I will have to wait from the creator of pokemon game ( Who have animators :p ) to animate, bone it and see it finally in wc3.
It's weird though that ms3d does not read the mdx file. :/ (It's the free trial version , i do not have any pirate form of ms3d , if that's the problem , then i will try to find ms3d for free ( full version ) to open mdx pokemon u converted and try wrap them my self :D )

EDIT:
Aw!
I just noticed.
( Still i don't know if it works but if it does....> ) unanimated is 170kb the mdx file ( RESHIRAM who was actually 1mb close ( his dae or obj ) now he's no longer than 300 at all.
How did you do it since i thought that it's different things , convert and reduce file size.
(Still of course i'll try some how to decrease 170 kb mdx to 50-100 (not from you , someone else i hope will help me at this cause you said anyway that u don't know )
I am just curious how the file size was so much decreased :d

EDIT: Forget it.Someone told me that this model had animations as well.A model from Wii console with these animations....Eh.That's why it got so much decreased the files sizes.Animations have been removed ( + many other things ).
Something useful that people told me also So for you grunt to know ( cause you told me that you don't ) and for any other who see this post , This is what make mdx files to get their file size decreased.You might find it useful ( not for me ) for any job you want to take done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.