• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

i need help on converting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
i found a model i was looking for at last but its in dae format if anyone can help to convert to mdx i will be very grateful +rep

Level 9
thats the thing its not from here i found it on google from their 3d model workshop i don't know how to contact the creator

Is is only the original author who knows about that kind of file format. If you can contact his it is much better.

EDIT:
I think you need to do the following steps just to get what you want, and you must have: 1. gmax/3ds max4, 2. blender 3d, 3. mdl/mdx concerter.

STEPS:
1. Open blender 3d and import the .dae file into it. BTW. the .dae file format is a COLLADA file type.
2. In Blender, you can edit everything, if that is some kind of model. Export it to either .3ds or .obj file if done.
3. Open the exported file in 3ds or gmax. Gmax can only export the .3ds file unless you have added some exporters/importers into it, I mean some kind of scripts for gmax. Google it and you'll find many.
4. After that, you an still edit some parts of the model, if you want to.
NOTE: Your gmax should have scripts for mdl exports and if none you should have one. 3ds max is much better if you have the WC3 art tools.
5. If you are done with some edits or no edits at all in 3ds/gmax, you may now export the file to .mdl file format. After this, using the mdlx converter, convert the model. You now have your .mdx file out of the .dae file.
Now, give it a try.

NOTE AGAIN
Be sure you have the permission from the original author before doing these steps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.