1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

how to merge map like map tong hop

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by ShadowBladeX, Nov 14, 2016.

1. ShadowBladeX

ShadowBladeX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Idk how they did that but how do you make the trigger that when the tournament time ends you will be transported to a map where the terrains are at the same height...

2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    In single player use the campaign transition stuff, similar to the TFT Orc campaign.

If in multiplayer it is obviously the same map just using a different part of the terrain, or altering existing terrain to suit the purposes.

What is "tong hop"? It must be quite a recent map as I do not recall that in over 7 years of playing TFT.

3. ShadowBladeX

ShadowBladeX

Resources:
    Resources:
  4. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Map Tong Hop is the most downloaded map (6 million) on EpicWar by almost over half of the second most downloaded. It's Vietnamese, I think.

To help explain whatever ShadowBladex needs since I never played it, I guess a video would help?

5. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It is a standard tournament like system, but apparently very badly implemented as it does not stop people teleporting out.

Start a timer, this will control when the duel will happen. Create a timer dialog for it, this is the dialog at the top right that counts down. When timer expires move all appropriate units to an arena area. Periodically check the units in the arena area for them meeting the appropriate exit condition (some times it is only 1 force remains, other times a timeout) and move the units back to where they were or to a safe zone. Use location variables to store where units were if that is what is wanted. The arena area itself is a reserved area of the map that is made flat using the terrain editing tools.

6. ShadowBladeX

ShadowBladeX

Resources:
    Resources:
    But In-game it look's like they are fighting at the top of the map, how do they do that?

7. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is he asking how to increase the height of the terrain?

8. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Please elaborate. In the YouTube video I could not see anything like that.

9. ShadowBladeX

ShadowBladeX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is it possible?

10. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Using the terrain editor of WorldEdit. Open terrain pallet and select either the raise tool, or raise cliff level tool. Raise tool allows one to create hills and other terrain features that require gradual elevation change. Cliff tool is used to create blizzard cliff levels which are sudden elevation changes and act as pathing obstacles. From the YouTube video of the map it looks like the map maker heavily used the raise cliff tool.

As with raising, there is also a lower tool.

11. ShadowBladeX

ShadowBladeX

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't know if @LordDz meant terrain editing or triggering

12. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I meant terraining since I'm still unsure what you're trying to get help for.

13. ShadowBladeX

ShadowBladeX

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know how to raise and lower cliffs but my only problem is how to trigger it

14. Unregret

Unregret

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes this is vietnamese map, "Tong Hop" mean "Total" in english. Sadly the owner of this map and entire community has never been found again.