• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to make weapon models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I’m trying to make weapon models so I can import them into maps and make item attachments out of em. Anyway by using War3ModelEditor I take a Death Knight model and using the model editor delete all the unneeded red dot things and all that’s left from the model is the sword. At this point I stop cuz I don’t know what to do next. Are there any guides or sth around that could help me out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
Ehm...

I would say you start making your whole own model if you want to make one.

Use "Milkshape 3D" (Buy it or use the trial) (google after it) for making the model.
Keep attention on the right position of the Weapon model. I think you should create it in direction of the x axis.

Then save your finished model and use Lith Unwrap (Freeware - Google should help) to make your sword skin.
(Open your model with Lith Unwrad. Click on |Select| and use |Select All|. Then go to |Tools| then |UV-Mapping| and click on "Planar" set "Alignment" to X-Axis and then click ok. Go to |Data| and Save your uv map and the model. Edit the *.bmp (uv map) like you want the colours on your weapon and then save it.)

Back to Milkshape. Make a new material and set the material to your uv map you saved. Assign this material to your model and your done.

Then import this model to "Magos Model Editor", save it as *.mdx and then go to |Windows| -> |Texture Manager|. Rightclick on your Texture which should be your uvmap *.bmp and click on export and save it as *.blp.

Then open your newly saved *.mdx model with the "mdx pather" (can be downloaded her if im right) and change the uv map *.bmp which should be shown there to the *.blp file you exported last.

Then import everything on your map. Double click on the *.blp in the import window and check *use own path*. delete the "war3mapimported" which is before your *.blp and its done. Then you can use yo9ur weaponmodel as special effect.

Hope that helps -.- ^^.

Maybe you should wait a bit for let the people answer. I know that you have to wait fairly long until someone replies but this has to be....

Greetz, Kampfwurst

Level 18
LR4873, no need to use Milkshape. Export the model with Magos, save as .mdl, and open it with Oinkerwinkle's Vertex Modifier. It will ask you which geoset of the model to open. Find the one with the weapon (switch geosets via File -> Switch Geoset). Once you've opened the right one, go to File -> Save Geoset and save it as a new model. Open it in Vertex Modifier. Select (using the "Add" button) all vertices that are unnecessary and delete them. Save the model. Then open it with Magos and save it as a MDX. Open the WE, go to the Import manager, click on the "Import" button and select the MDX. That's it!

And about double-posting, rules allow it when you have waited 24 hours and nobody else posted. Keep that in mind from now on. Good luck.

Level 1
Wow… All you need to do is figure out your problem and you’ll get some help.:xxd: Anyway thanks to both of ya. I shall try both of em tools there. Experience wont hurt...

Status
Not open for further replies.